• As mentioned previously, the bill enabling a statewide charter school approval authority cleared the House Education committee yesterday.
• The school voucher bill was deferred in the House until 3/12. It is scheduled for the Senate Education Committee today, 3/6.
• The bill prohibiting local governments from requiring contractors to pay prevailing wages cleared the Local Government committee and appears headed to the floor for a vote.
• The House Criminal Justice subcommittee approved the bill prohibiting pain management clinics from dispensing narcotics. It now heads to the full Criminal Justice committee.
• The House Local Government committee approved a measure prohibiting the U.N. from observing elections in Tennessee. It appears headed for a floor vote. The Senate has not yet taken up the measure.
• A Senate bill (the first bill introduced in January) prohibiting Tennessee from participating in Medicaid/TennCare expansion has been assigned to the Senate Commerce and Labor subcommittee. A similar House bill was taken off notice last week, and its companion bill was previously assigned to the full Senate Commerce and Labor committee.
• Wine in grocery stores was deferred by the Senate Finance committee until 3/11. The House Local Government subcommittee is scheduled to hear it today.
• The bill making motorcycle helmets optional is scheduled for the House Transportation subcommittee today.
• Guns in trunks was sent to the Governor for his signature yesterday.
- RIP Leonard Nimoy (4 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (28 replies)
- Led Zeppelin update (1 reply)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (27 replies)
- Here we go again (22 replies)
- Nashville schools audit assesses impact of charter schools (4 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (10 replies)
- FCC will enforce net neutrality (1 reply)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (55 replies)
- Is there an exhaustive list of Knoxville breweries? (1 reply)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)