• As mentioned previously, the bill enabling a statewide charter school approval authority cleared the House Education committee yesterday.
• The school voucher bill was deferred in the House until 3/12. It is scheduled for the Senate Education Committee today, 3/6.
• The bill prohibiting local governments from requiring contractors to pay prevailing wages cleared the Local Government committee and appears headed to the floor for a vote.
• The House Criminal Justice subcommittee approved the bill prohibiting pain management clinics from dispensing narcotics. It now heads to the full Criminal Justice committee.
• The House Local Government committee approved a measure prohibiting the U.N. from observing elections in Tennessee. It appears headed for a floor vote. The Senate has not yet taken up the measure.
• A Senate bill (the first bill introduced in January) prohibiting Tennessee from participating in Medicaid/TennCare expansion has been assigned to the Senate Commerce and Labor subcommittee. A similar House bill was taken off notice last week, and its companion bill was previously assigned to the full Senate Commerce and Labor committee.
• Wine in grocery stores was deferred by the Senate Finance committee until 3/11. The House Local Government subcommittee is scheduled to hear it today.
• The bill making motorcycle helmets optional is scheduled for the House Transportation subcommittee today.
• Guns in trunks was sent to the Governor for his signature yesterday.
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (3 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (14 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (19 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)