• As mentioned previously, the bill enabling a statewide charter school approval authority cleared the House Education committee yesterday.
• The school voucher bill was deferred in the House until 3/12. It is scheduled for the Senate Education Committee today, 3/6.
• The bill prohibiting local governments from requiring contractors to pay prevailing wages cleared the Local Government committee and appears headed to the floor for a vote.
• The House Criminal Justice subcommittee approved the bill prohibiting pain management clinics from dispensing narcotics. It now heads to the full Criminal Justice committee.
• The House Local Government committee approved a measure prohibiting the U.N. from observing elections in Tennessee. It appears headed for a floor vote. The Senate has not yet taken up the measure.
• A Senate bill (the first bill introduced in January) prohibiting Tennessee from participating in Medicaid/TennCare expansion has been assigned to the Senate Commerce and Labor subcommittee. A similar House bill was taken off notice last week, and its companion bill was previously assigned to the full Senate Commerce and Labor committee.
• Wine in grocery stores was deferred by the Senate Finance committee until 3/11. The House Local Government subcommittee is scheduled to hear it today.
• The bill making motorcycle helmets optional is scheduled for the House Transportation subcommittee today.
• Guns in trunks was sent to the Governor for his signature yesterday.
- Cruz drops out (3 replies)
- Notice something? (1 reply)
- Trump, Sanders win Indiana (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (31 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (11 replies)
- Peak Republican indeed (4 replies)
- Haslam allows guns on college campuses (7 replies)
- GOP primary dials crazy up to 11 (6 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (19 replies)
- Pope's Garden Center is closing (20 replies)
- What's next for Obama? (4 replies)
- Dogwood Arts & Crafts Fair - Market Square - April 29 - May 1, 2016 (1 reply)