Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett, along with Knox County Commissioner Mike Brown and other local business owners, gathered today outside of Emory 5 &10 to announce SouthFest, a festival-like event that will drive people to South Knoxville in a way similar to a giant cash mob.
SouthFest will be held on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 in South Knoxville. The event is intended to encourage people to shop, eat and have a good time at local businesses south of the river.
"There’s a perception in other parts of the county that it’s just too hard to get to South Knoxville because of the extended bridge closure," said Mayor Burchett. "We want to bring people out south for this event so they’ll realize the detour is not hard to navigate."
Some of the entertainment and activities at SouthFest will include:
• Live TV & Radio broadcasts
• Live music
• Family-friendly activities
• Car show
• Circus-style entertainment from the Shriners
Details about the event will trickle out over the next few weeks via press release and on twitter at @TimBurchett and @KnoxGov.
- The real takeaway from the 2nd D. school board forum (15 replies)
- Uh, what? (29 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (179 replies)
- Send Lawyers, Guns and Money (195 replies)
- USGS updates earthquake hazard for East Tennessee (2 replies)
- We loved Metro Pulse rally (6 replies)
- News Sentinel endorses Gloria Johnson, NO on Amendment 1 (37 replies)
- Meet Eddie Smith with Lamar Alexander! (37 replies)
- Urban infrastructure gets a second life (1 reply)
- See Gloria Johnson Slam Eddie Smith (11 replies)
- California readies pay-as-you-drive tax test, coming soon to a road near you (8 replies)
- A tribute to Roy of Roy's Records (1 reply)
- Oct 20 2014 - 11:00am (10 hours 23 min from now)
- Oct 20 2014 - 6:30pm (17 hours 53 min from now)
- Oct 23 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 17 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)