Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett, along with Knox County Commissioner Mike Brown and other local business owners, gathered today outside of Emory 5 &10 to announce SouthFest, a festival-like event that will drive people to South Knoxville in a way similar to a giant cash mob.
SouthFest will be held on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 in South Knoxville. The event is intended to encourage people to shop, eat and have a good time at local businesses south of the river.
"There’s a perception in other parts of the county that it’s just too hard to get to South Knoxville because of the extended bridge closure," said Mayor Burchett. "We want to bring people out south for this event so they’ll realize the detour is not hard to navigate."
Some of the entertainment and activities at SouthFest will include:
• Live TV & Radio broadcasts
• Live music
• Family-friendly activities
• Car show
• Circus-style entertainment from the Shriners
Details about the event will trickle out over the next few weeks via press release and on twitter at @TimBurchett and @KnoxGov.
- Bravo to LaFollette Middle School Coach Jake Snider (1 reply)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (34 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (8 replies)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (8 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (2 replies)
- Searching for an Online Search Guru (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball for U.S. Senate campaign kickoff (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (13 replies)
- TN Supreme Court names new Attorney General (5 replies)
- The Onion? Or Parthenon Group? You decide. (29 replies)
- This seems just about right. (11 replies)
- Campfield guns in parks bill passes TN Senate (15 replies)