Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett, along with Knox County Commissioner Mike Brown and other local business owners, gathered today outside of Emory 5 &10 to announce SouthFest, a festival-like event that will drive people to South Knoxville in a way similar to a giant cash mob.
SouthFest will be held on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 in South Knoxville. The event is intended to encourage people to shop, eat and have a good time at local businesses south of the river.
"There’s a perception in other parts of the county that it’s just too hard to get to South Knoxville because of the extended bridge closure," said Mayor Burchett. "We want to bring people out south for this event so they’ll realize the detour is not hard to navigate."
Some of the entertainment and activities at SouthFest will include:
• Live TV & Radio broadcasts
• Live music
• Family-friendly activities
• Car show
• Circus-style entertainment from the Shriners
Details about the event will trickle out over the next few weeks via press release and on twitter at @TimBurchett and @KnoxGov.
- UT vs UF - it's on (10 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (4 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (6 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (14 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- South Knox elected official public forum (3 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 15 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (4 days 20 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (4 days 21 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 2 days from now)