Wow. This could be very big. Story earlier tonight on Nashville station, uncovering an e-mail that indicates the for-profit K12 online school (Tennessee Virtual Academy) ordered certain scores deleted. The clear implication is to make scores look better than a more comprehensive set would indicate. Gloria Johnson properly speaking out on this.
Other big news on same subject. Education Committee meets tomorrow at 3pm to consider all bills dealing with virtual schools. One bill seeks to eliminate the state K12 deal. Could our legislators have the temerity to keep pushing for-profit, unaccountable online programs after this story broke? Stay tuned.
- Turnout predictions? (20 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (32 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (18 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (23 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)