Wow. This could be very big. Story earlier tonight on Nashville station, uncovering an e-mail that indicates the for-profit K12 online school (Tennessee Virtual Academy) ordered certain scores deleted. The clear implication is to make scores look better than a more comprehensive set would indicate. Gloria Johnson properly speaking out on this.
Other big news on same subject. Education Committee meets tomorrow at 3pm to consider all bills dealing with virtual schools. One bill seeks to eliminate the state K12 deal. Could our legislators have the temerity to keep pushing for-profit, unaccountable online programs after this story broke? Stay tuned.
- Feeling old (1 reply)
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (2 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (27 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (3 replies)
- Airport connectivity (2 replies)
- Consumer alert: Humana Obamacare plans (1 reply)
- Quote of the day (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (83 replies)