Wow. This could be very big. Story earlier tonight on Nashville station, uncovering an e-mail that indicates the for-profit K12 online school (Tennessee Virtual Academy) ordered certain scores deleted. The clear implication is to make scores look better than a more comprehensive set would indicate. Gloria Johnson properly speaking out on this.
Other big news on same subject. Education Committee meets tomorrow at 3pm to consider all bills dealing with virtual schools. One bill seeks to eliminate the state K12 deal. Could our legislators have the temerity to keep pushing for-profit, unaccountable online programs after this story broke? Stay tuned.
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (31 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (11 replies)
- Peak Republican indeed (4 replies)
- Haslam allows guns on college campuses (7 replies)
- GOP primary dials crazy up to 11 (6 replies)
- Trump, Sanders win Indiana (1 reply)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (19 replies)
- Cruz drops out (1 reply)
- Pope's Garden Center is closing (20 replies)
- What's next for Obama? (4 replies)
- Dogwood Arts & Crafts Fair - Market Square - April 29 - May 1, 2016 (1 reply)
- Quote of the Day (4 replies)