There's a "2nd Amendment Rally" underway at the Blount Co. courthouse in downtown Maryville this afternoon. The Mrs. snapped a couple of photos from a safe distance on her way back from taking pupster for a walk in the park. (I told her to stay away from there but she rarely listens to me.) Looks like they had a pretty good turnout.
According to this Maryville Daily Times report, the event was organized by a local gun shop owner and a Blount Co. Sheriff's lieutenant. It also had the support of the Blount Co. Sheriff and the county mayor, who planned to speak at the rally.
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (2 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (30 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (5 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (1 reply)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (2 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)
- Guilty pleasures: Janet Jackson's Unbreakable (2 replies)