There's a "2nd Amendment Rally" underway at the Blount Co. courthouse in downtown Maryville this afternoon. The Mrs. snapped a couple of photos from a safe distance on her way back from taking pupster for a walk in the park. (I told her to stay away from there but she rarely listens to me.) Looks like they had a pretty good turnout.
According to this Maryville Daily Times report, the event was organized by a local gun shop owner and a Blount Co. Sheriff's lieutenant. It also had the support of the Blount Co. Sheriff and the county mayor, who planned to speak at the rally.
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (3 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (21 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (9 replies)
- Interest rates at (pre) historic lows (6 replies)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (2 days 4 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 5 days from now)