According to this Peabody Energy press release:
...the disruption in New Orleans offered a convincing visual demonstration to counter those who have envisioned a world without coal.
"Coal is the world's fastest growing major fuel and provides more electricity than any other energy source," said Boyce. "Without coal, you might as well turn off half the lights not just for our favorite games but also for our cities, shops, factories and homes."
- school board meeting underway (42 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)