Tom Humphrey reports that Campfield's west-end doppelganger Sen. Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown) has filed SB106 which "prohibits a court, grand jury, general assembly or other administrative body from requiring the news media or press to disclose the identity of individuals who participate in online services offered by the news media or press in certain circumstances."
Even in cases of libel, defamation or actionable threats? And would the same shield apply to anonymous comments at blogs and forums and such?
HERE's the background. It appears Kelsey seeks to protect the God Given Right of right-wing racists and other knuckle draggers to hide behind their white, pointy-headed cloaks of anonymity.
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (2 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (40 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (36 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (18 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)