Tom Humphrey reports that Campfield's west-end doppelganger Sen. Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown) has filed SB106 which "prohibits a court, grand jury, general assembly or other administrative body from requiring the news media or press to disclose the identity of individuals who participate in online services offered by the news media or press in certain circumstances."
Even in cases of libel, defamation or actionable threats? And would the same shield apply to anonymous comments at blogs and forums and such?
HERE's the background. It appears Kelsey seeks to protect the God Given Right of right-wing racists and other knuckle draggers to hide behind their white, pointy-headed cloaks of anonymity.
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (7 replies)
- Corporate profits (3 replies)
- ISIS (47 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (18 replies)
- Conversations (5 replies)
- New pipeline (3 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (39 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (5 replies)
- Are Achievement School District schools achieving? (1 reply)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (26 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (23 hours 15 min from now)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 6 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 6 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 5 days from now)