Tom Humphrey reports that Campfield's west-end doppelganger Sen. Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown) has filed SB106 which "prohibits a court, grand jury, general assembly or other administrative body from requiring the news media or press to disclose the identity of individuals who participate in online services offered by the news media or press in certain circumstances."
Even in cases of libel, defamation or actionable threats? And would the same shield apply to anonymous comments at blogs and forums and such?
HERE's the background. It appears Kelsey seeks to protect the God Given Right of right-wing racists and other knuckle draggers to hide behind their white, pointy-headed cloaks of anonymity.
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (1 reply)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (4 replies)
- Iindependent Lens file: A Path Appears (2 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (26 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (14 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (7 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (5 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (2 replies)
- Knox Co. suing Mike Lowe? (1 reply)
- Snowing here (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (8 replies)
- Josh Flory leaving KNS (12 replies)