Tom Humphrey reports that Campfield's west-end doppelganger Sen. Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown) has filed SB106 which "prohibits a court, grand jury, general assembly or other administrative body from requiring the news media or press to disclose the identity of individuals who participate in online services offered by the news media or press in certain circumstances."
Even in cases of libel, defamation or actionable threats? And would the same shield apply to anonymous comments at blogs and forums and such?
HERE's the background. It appears Kelsey seeks to protect the God Given Right of right-wing racists and other knuckle draggers to hide behind their white, pointy-headed cloaks of anonymity.
- Trump's Cabinet (66 replies)
- Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet (2 replies)
- A message (1 reply)
- We are living... (2 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (11 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (4 replies)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on secularists (8 replies)
- Traffic cameras and the Constitution (3 replies)
- South Waterfront area coffee shop opens (4 replies)
- Some Inauguration Day tips... (1 reply)
- Buzzfeed - Reports Allege Trump Has Deep Ties To Russia (12 replies)
- Does Trump know nothing about our land? (1 reply)