The KNS has a feature article about an area "doomsday prepper" who will be making an appearance on the National Geographic series.
The article links to the guy's YouTube channel. Most of his videos are about basic survival, food hoarding, etc. But you will also find videos about firearms training with semi-automatic pistols and AR-15 and AK-47 assault rifles, a video about protecting your gun rights, and a "post-election" video urging viewers to stock up on assault rifles and high capacity magazines.
In his "post election" video, the guy also says the government is going to implant RFID chips in everyone sometime in the next few months to track all our movements, and that he cashed in his 401K to prepare for the apocalypse because "my retirement is in the Kingdom of Heaven."
The KNS article doesn't mention anything about the obsession with firearms, and portrays the guy as a bit eccentric but mostly harmless.
PREVIOUISLY: Gun nuts
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (1 reply)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (12 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (12 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (46 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)
- Kroger Seasoning Recall includes Knoxville Area (2 replies)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)