The KNS has a feature article about an area "doomsday prepper" who will be making an appearance on the National Geographic series.
The article links to the guy's YouTube channel. Most of his videos are about basic survival, food hoarding, etc. But you will also find videos about firearms training with semi-automatic pistols and AR-15 and AK-47 assault rifles, a video about protecting your gun rights, and a "post-election" video urging viewers to stock up on assault rifles and high capacity magazines.
In his "post election" video, the guy also says the government is going to implant RFID chips in everyone sometime in the next few months to track all our movements, and that he cashed in his 401K to prepare for the apocalypse because "my retirement is in the Kingdom of Heaven."
The KNS article doesn't mention anything about the obsession with firearms, and portrays the guy as a bit eccentric but mostly harmless.
PREVIOUISLY: Gun nuts
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (2 replies)
- Unlike Vouchers and Charters, Community Schools Work (4 replies)
- Tennessee House Bill 317 - Short Term Loans and Lenders (1 reply)
- Tyndall fired (17 replies)
- New push for state takeover of coal regulation gains steam (2 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)