The KNS has a feature article about an area "doomsday prepper" who will be making an appearance on the National Geographic series.
The article links to the guy's YouTube channel. Most of his videos are about basic survival, food hoarding, etc. But you will also find videos about firearms training with semi-automatic pistols and AR-15 and AK-47 assault rifles, a video about protecting your gun rights, and a "post-election" video urging viewers to stock up on assault rifles and high capacity magazines.
In his "post election" video, the guy also says the government is going to implant RFID chips in everyone sometime in the next few months to track all our movements, and that he cashed in his 401K to prepare for the apocalypse because "my retirement is in the Kingdom of Heaven."
The KNS article doesn't mention anything about the obsession with firearms, and portrays the guy as a bit eccentric but mostly harmless.
PREVIOUISLY: Gun nuts
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (37 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (24 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (6 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (5 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (14 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (7 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)