Reports out of CES are depressing. Until someone cracks anti-gravity or cold fusion, everything has already been invented. Now it's just being recycled, repackaged, rebranded and relaunched. Do we really need an 80 inch, $20,000 Ultra HD TV for which no content exists and that won't fit in our living room?
This drunk review pretty much sums it up: Did Intel announce the follow-up to the 486 DX this year? Will it fit in an Ultraphablet? Is it bigger than the fist I want to punch you in the face with?
For a more serious take, see this: ...there are now four technology companies that truly matter to people: Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google. None of them are at CES.
- MPC public meeting on Bearden Mixed Use District zoning proposal (4 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (368 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (9 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (10 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (39 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)