Reports out of CES are depressing. Until someone cracks anti-gravity or cold fusion, everything has already been invented. Now it's just being recycled, repackaged, rebranded and relaunched. Do we really need an 80 inch, $20,000 Ultra HD TV for which no content exists and that won't fit in our living room?
This drunk review pretty much sums it up: Did Intel announce the follow-up to the 486 DX this year? Will it fit in an Ultraphablet? Is it bigger than the fist I want to punch you in the face with?
For a more serious take, see this: ...there are now four technology companies that truly matter to people: Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google. None of them are at CES.
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (21 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (2 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (13 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (10 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (30 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
Dem Cand. Leland Price (Judge) and Jim Berrier (Trustee) to speak at 3rd/4th District Democrats MeetingMar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)