Reports out of CES are depressing. Until someone cracks anti-gravity or cold fusion, everything has already been invented. Now it's just being recycled, repackaged, rebranded and relaunched. Do we really need an 80 inch, $20,000 Ultra HD TV for which no content exists and that won't fit in our living room?
This drunk review pretty much sums it up: Did Intel announce the follow-up to the 486 DX this year? Will it fit in an Ultraphablet? Is it bigger than the fist I want to punch you in the face with?
For a more serious take, see this: ...there are now four technology companies that truly matter to people: Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google. None of them are at CES.
- Grace Hopper: The Queen of Code (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (9 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (3 replies)
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (16 replies)
- 13th Annual ChiliFest! (1 reply)
- State fee to ride your bicycle on the South Loop Urban Wilderness Trail? (22 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday reports mounting losses, continuing decline in same store sales (35 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (11 replies)
- A couple of looks at sexual assault (6 replies)
- Samantha Manning no longer with WATE (5 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Feb 2 2015 - 6:15pm (23 hours 5 min from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 4:30pm (3 days 21 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (3 days 22 hours from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (5 days 20 hours from now)