Five months ago KAT (Knoxville Area Transit) announced the elimination of the Cedar Bluff route. It was reported they lost access to a park and ride lot in the area.
It was mentioned that KAT staff recommended a trip be added to the Farragut Express route as an option for displaced Cedar Bluff passengers.
The town of Farragut has decided to no longer subsidize the Farragut Express route, saving them $40,000, and forcing KAT to eliminate the route.
"The town of Farragut made the decision to cover half of the cost for this year, but wanted to see an increase of 50 percent ridership by the end of December 2012, which did not occur, before they paid the other half," KAT Director of Marketing and Development Belinda Woodiel-Brill said.
Does this mean the economy is doing better than expected?
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (8 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (39 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (365 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)