Knoxville News Sentinel editor Jack McElroy says on his blog: "With few elections slated for 2013, though, the papers decided to devote resources elsewhere. Perhaps when politics heat up again in the years ahead, we'll rejoin PolitiFact and submit more political rhetoric to the Truth-O-Meter test."
As discussed here previously, there appeared to be some occasional bias involving the KNS PolitiFact articles. I'm wondering if there wasn't enough bias, as in too many Republicans caught lying and not enough Democrats for the KNS audience.
Anyway, I'm not buying the excuse. Sure, the elections are over. And look who Tennessee elected: a bunch of tea party nuts to the state legislature. And DesJarlais.
Obama will be replacing most of his cabinet, Congress is set to debate some pretty serious stuff regarding the nation's financial health, and the tea party supermajority over in Nashville has been let off leash to maul public education (among other things) while being "led" by a governor who can't decide what to order for breakfast and just goes back to bed.
I can't recall a more target-rich BS environment in recent memory. Why quit calling them on it now?
- Cruz drops out (3 replies)
- Notice something? (1 reply)
- Trump, Sanders win Indiana (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (31 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (11 replies)
- Peak Republican indeed (4 replies)
- Haslam allows guns on college campuses (7 replies)
- GOP primary dials crazy up to 11 (6 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (19 replies)
- Pope's Garden Center is closing (20 replies)
- What's next for Obama? (4 replies)
- Dogwood Arts & Crafts Fair - Market Square - April 29 - May 1, 2016 (1 reply)