Knoxville News Sentinel editor Jack McElroy says on his blog: "With few elections slated for 2013, though, the papers decided to devote resources elsewhere. Perhaps when politics heat up again in the years ahead, we'll rejoin PolitiFact and submit more political rhetoric to the Truth-O-Meter test."
As discussed here previously, there appeared to be some occasional bias involving the KNS PolitiFact articles. I'm wondering if there wasn't enough bias, as in too many Republicans caught lying and not enough Democrats for the KNS audience.
Anyway, I'm not buying the excuse. Sure, the elections are over. And look who Tennessee elected: a bunch of tea party nuts to the state legislature. And DesJarlais.
Obama will be replacing most of his cabinet, Congress is set to debate some pretty serious stuff regarding the nation's financial health, and the tea party supermajority over in Nashville has been let off leash to maul public education (among other things) while being "led" by a governor who can't decide what to order for breakfast and just goes back to bed.
I can't recall a more target-rich BS environment in recent memory. Why quit calling them on it now?
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (4 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (7 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 23 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 34 min from now)