Most of us are familiar with the work of Ed Westcott, the fine photographer who is responsible for most of the visual record of Oak Ridge's role in the Manhattan Project. Many of his photos are now online in the DOE-Oak Ridge photostream at Flickr.
The above scene is special to me as is this view of an operating gaseous diffusion cell. I helped to prepare the display in Building K-33 for the Presidential visit.
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (342 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (63 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)