Most of us are familiar with the work of Ed Westcott, the fine photographer who is responsible for most of the visual record of Oak Ridge's role in the Manhattan Project. Many of his photos are now online in the DOE-Oak Ridge photostream at Flickr.
The above scene is special to me as is this view of an operating gaseous diffusion cell. I helped to prepare the display in Building K-33 for the Presidential visit.
- School shooting in Oregon (19 replies)
- Now what? (2 replies)
- DOE awards UT $2.9 million grant for graduate energy technology program (3 replies)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (14 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (63 replies)
- The remarkable thing that happens to poor kids when you give their parents a little money (1 reply)
- National walk to school day (7 replies)
- CBO: Budget deficit smallest since 2007 (7 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (3 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (3 days 9 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (3 days 9 hours from now)