Tom Humphrey reports, just an hour ago, that Governor Haslam has received the report of the "Opportunity Scholarship" (aka "Private School Voucher") Task Force.
You will recall that the charge the Task Force accepted was to investigate not "if" the state might create a voucher program, but "how" the state might create a voucher program.
I did not realize until reading Humphrey's column that Knox County's own Indya Kincannon also served on this committee, representing the state's Coalition of Large School Districts.
When I phoned her just now to ask if she might post the Task Force's report and offer her commentary, she invited me to do so and assured that she would chime in sometime soon.
Here is that 17-page report, then (which I have not yet read, myself).
Possibly we can all look it over tonight, so that we might fully understand Indya's any comments offered sometime soon.
- Tragic news from Oklahoma (3 replies)
- The Taylor Swift Justin Bieber Awards (4 replies)
- TBI accuses non-profit of lying, WSMV of shoddy journalism for repeating it (2 replies)
- Haslam goes off on the media (6 replies)
- Memphis Grizzlies - First time in the NBA Final Four (2 replies)
- Solar disruption (4 replies)
- A game to play on a rainy day (4 replies)
- We Did It Again (1 reply)
- Interruptions make us dumber? (3 replies)
- Food supply under assault as climate heats up (48 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (49 replies)
- @AckerMoxley (2 replies)