Tom Humphrey reports, just an hour ago, that Governor Haslam has received the report of the "Opportunity Scholarship" (aka "Private School Voucher") Task Force.
You will recall that the charge the Task Force accepted was to investigate not "if" the state might create a voucher program, but "how" the state might create a voucher program.
I did not realize until reading Humphrey's column that Knox County's own Indya Kincannon also served on this committee, representing the state's Coalition of Large School Districts.
When I phoned her just now to ask if she might post the Task Force's report and offer her commentary, she invited me to do so and assured that she would chime in sometime soon.
Here is that 17-page report, then (which I have not yet read, myself).
Possibly we can all look it over tonight, so that we might fully understand Indya's any comments offered sometime soon.
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (29 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (16 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (21 replies)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (6 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (9 hours 7 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (1 day 14 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (1 day 15 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 6 days from now)