Tom Humphrey reports, just an hour ago, that Governor Haslam has received the report of the "Opportunity Scholarship" (aka "Private School Voucher") Task Force.
You will recall that the charge the Task Force accepted was to investigate not "if" the state might create a voucher program, but "how" the state might create a voucher program.
I did not realize until reading Humphrey's column that Knox County's own Indya Kincannon also served on this committee, representing the state's Coalition of Large School Districts.
When I phoned her just now to ask if she might post the Task Force's report and offer her commentary, she invited me to do so and assured that she would chime in sometime soon.
Here is that 17-page report, then (which I have not yet read, myself).
Possibly we can all look it over tonight, so that we might fully understand Indya's any comments offered sometime soon.
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (14 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (2 replies)
- State fee to ride your bicycle on the South Loop Urban Wilderness Trail? (22 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday reports mounting losses, continuing decline in same store sales (35 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (11 replies)
- A couple of looks at sexual assault (6 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- Samantha Manning no longer with WATE (5 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (8 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (17 replies)
- Feb 2 2015 - 6:15pm (2 days 4 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 4:30pm (5 days 2 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 1 hour from now)