Tom Humphrey reports, just an hour ago, that Governor Haslam has received the report of the "Opportunity Scholarship" (aka "Private School Voucher") Task Force.
You will recall that the charge the Task Force accepted was to investigate not "if" the state might create a voucher program, but "how" the state might create a voucher program.
I did not realize until reading Humphrey's column that Knox County's own Indya Kincannon also served on this committee, representing the state's Coalition of Large School Districts.
When I phoned her just now to ask if she might post the Task Force's report and offer her commentary, she invited me to do so and assured that she would chime in sometime soon.
Here is that 17-page report, then (which I have not yet read, myself).
Possibly we can all look it over tonight, so that we might fully understand Indya's any comments offered sometime soon.
- Trump's Cabinet (46 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (37 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (57 replies)
- Did that just happen? (181 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (3 replies)
- RIP John Glenn (2 replies)
- Jobless Rate Hits Nine-Year Low; 178,000 Jobs Added (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (85 replies)
- Mountaintop removal coal mining banned in East TN (5 replies)
- This is the dumbest thing I've seen all week (1 reply)
- National Weather Service facing major cutbacks (3 replies)
- 2016 Harvest Of Souls Continues (3 replies)