In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (10 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (30 replies)
- Infrastructure grades (1 reply)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (15 hours 57 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (16 hours 57 min from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 16 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 5 days from now)