In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Big Ears is here (5 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (7 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)
- Knoxville Mercury survey (1 reply)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (2 replies)
- When avoiding ‘climate change’ is literally laughable (2 replies)
- BREAKING: Disturbed Man Tries to Get Into White House (12 replies)
- Overbey to sponsor Senate Insure Tennessee bill (1 reply)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)