In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (5 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (12 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (2 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (1 reply)
- Watch this and get inspired (2 replies)
- Bar Marley (5 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (11 hours 43 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (12 hours 28 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 11 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)