In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (1 reply)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (11 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (291 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (14 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- International Baccalaureate (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (16 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 4 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 4 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (6 days 5 hours from now)