In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Obama wants community college to be free (68 replies)
- KNS Friday liberal column changeup (5 replies)
- Josh Flory leaving KNS (9 replies)
- Bonnaroo lineup announced (27 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (20 replies)
- Build A Better Mousetrap (or just do the job better) (2 replies)
- Knoxville City Sign Ordinance (11 replies)
- Geek stuff: HTPC experiment (17 replies)
- It's getting close to tax time (4 replies)
- 2015 State of The Union Watch Party TONITE! (22 replies)
- Seattle has first LED lit baseball field (1 reply)
- Tennessee's wealthiest people (28 replies)
- Jan 27 2015 - 5:30pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:00pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:15pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)