In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (1 reply)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (38 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (32 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (16 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)