In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (20 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (16 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (37 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (1 reply)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (28 replies)
- ISIS (40 replies)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (3 replies)
- Episcopal Church approves liturgy for blessing same-gender unions (4 replies)
- Unemployment up in Tennessee (9 replies)