In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Cell phone outages in southeast Aug 4th (4 replies)
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (15 replies)
- Jimmy Carter: America is no longer a democracy (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (16 replies)
- USA! USA! (4 replies)
- AJ building proposals (3 replies)
- Newsroom of the Future's editor, past tense (3 replies)
- Obama unveils ‘biggest step we’ve ever taken’ on climate (2 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (15 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (10 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (49 replies)
- Why teachers can’t hotfoot it out of Kansas fast enough (1 reply)