In 2003, TDOT referred the James White Parkway extension project back to local planners in Knoxville. The city formed a task force, headed by Joe Hultquist and Chris Woodhull, that produced a report and recommendations.
Because of renewed interest in the project, the MPC has resurrected the task force report and made it available online.
In summary, the 2005 report recommended moving forward with the project but not before preparing a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The draft EIS is the subject of the Dec. 6th TDOT Public Hearing.
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (18 replies)
- Briggs (189 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (8 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (2 replies)
- R.I.P. James Garner (6 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (11 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (10 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (3 replies)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (42 replies)
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (42 replies)
- Here's why you should vote "yes" for all judicial retentions (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 12 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (3 days 3 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (6 days 4 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (6 days 11 hours from now)