From the press release...
Mayor Burchett appointed Knox County Senior Director of Community Outreach Hemal Tailor, Knox County Commissioner Brad Anders, Hampton Inn Downtown General Manager Anita Lane and Piper Communications Founding Principal Cortney Piper to the Visit Knoxville Board of Directors. These four appointees join Carmen Tegano and Bo Connor, who were previously appointed by the mayor and are already serving on the organization’s board.
"These individuals will do a great job on the board," Mayor Burchett said. "Like me, they are all committed to ensuring transparency in the operation of Visit Knoxville, and the efficient use of taxpayer dollars to effectively promote tourism in Knoxville and Knox County."
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (18 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (6 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (9 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (11 replies)
- Judge Orders Recount on Amendment 1 Vote (5 replies)
- TDOT shares plan for widening Chapman (12 replies)
- RIP Prince (9 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (22 replies)