From NBC News ...
Romney, who has promised to do everything he can do repeal the 2010 health reform law, and Obama, who says its benefits are just beginning to take hold.
But while the presidential race gets most of the attention, the choices voters make to fill governor’s mansions and state legislatures may have just as big an effect on what kind of health coverage they will have in coming years.
That’s in part because the Affordable Care Act sets it up that way, but even more so because the Supreme Court says it’s up to states to decide whether and how to expand the Medicaid health insurance plan for the poor.
- Looking like a deadlock (14 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (8 replies)
- Uber Problem (14 replies)
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (6 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)