Early voting is down in Knox Co. and statewide as compared to 2008. According to the KNS, the Knox Co. election office attributes the results to weather, a football game, and Halloween. Doesn't Halloween occur during early voting for every November election? And football games?
One would expect heavy turnout in such a close and incendiary election, especially with competitive races down the ticket. Is photo ID having the intended effect of lower turnout?
The state election coordinator says there were only a handful of provisional ballots statewide during early voting. But, there are reports that some people are instead being given absentee ballots, which do not require photo ID.
Election officials also cannot tell us how many people didn't have and/or were unable to get photo ID and simply didn't show up. That would certainly account for lower turnout.
RELATED: Woman denied photo ID three times
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (38 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (365 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)