Early voting is down in Knox Co. and statewide as compared to 2008. According to the KNS, the Knox Co. election office attributes the results to weather, a football game, and Halloween. Doesn't Halloween occur during early voting for every November election? And football games?
One would expect heavy turnout in such a close and incendiary election, especially with competitive races down the ticket. Is photo ID having the intended effect of lower turnout?
The state election coordinator says there were only a handful of provisional ballots statewide during early voting. But, there are reports that some people are instead being given absentee ballots, which do not require photo ID.
Election officials also cannot tell us how many people didn't have and/or were unable to get photo ID and simply didn't show up. That would certainly account for lower turnout.
RELATED: Woman denied photo ID three times
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (4 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (20 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (15 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (12 hours 28 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (1 day 18 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 6 days from now)