Early voting is down in Knox Co. and statewide as compared to 2008. According to the KNS, the Knox Co. election office attributes the results to weather, a football game, and Halloween. Doesn't Halloween occur during early voting for every November election? And football games?
One would expect heavy turnout in such a close and incendiary election, especially with competitive races down the ticket. Is photo ID having the intended effect of lower turnout?
The state election coordinator says there were only a handful of provisional ballots statewide during early voting. But, there are reports that some people are instead being given absentee ballots, which do not require photo ID.
Election officials also cannot tell us how many people didn't have and/or were unable to get photo ID and simply didn't show up. That would certainly account for lower turnout.
RELATED: Woman denied photo ID three times
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (2 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (21 hours 58 min from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 3 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (6 days 4 hours from now)