The Romney campaign said early Monday morning that Romney stood behind a statement first made during a 2011 Republican debate, in which Romney said that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should be disbanded, and its powers either privatized or given to the states.
"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that’s the right direction. And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better," said Romney in 2011. Asked by debate moderator John King if that included cutting disaster relief, Romney said, "We cannot -- we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids
No regard for the immediate future of families and kids in harms way today. What a creep.
- City to begin enforcing parking meter time limits (10 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (4 replies)
- Is Trump a pathological liar? (1 reply)
- Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protest (1 reply)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (32 replies)
- MLK Center Job Posting (1 reply)
- Feeling old (1 reply)
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (2 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)