The Knox Co. Election office issued the following statement:
With only four days remaining to vote early in the 2012 Presidential Election, the Knox County Election Commission is offering extended hours to encourage more folks to go to the polls before Election Day.
"We’re experiencing the highest voter turnout in the history of Knox County," Administrator of Elections Cliff Rodgers said. "With all the uncertain weather, we're hoping folks will avoid the lines on Election Day and vote this week."
Early voting locations will be open Monday through Thursday, 10 am to 8 pm (except the City-County Building which follows a different schedule). The last day of early voting is Thursday, November 1st.
In addition to extended hours, an additional early voting location will open today at the University Center on the University of Tennessee campus.
"We’re hoping students, faculty, and staff at the University of Tennessee will utilize our University Center location," said Administrator Rodgers. "Parking is a problem but if you’re already on campus, this is a great location."
For more information about early voting locations and the extended schedule, visit knoxcounty.org/election or call the election commission at 215-2480.
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (22 replies)
- KNS not to endorse in Presidential race (8 replies)
- Debates 3, Climate Change 0 (3 replies)
- Debate takeaway headlines (11 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- New plans for old church in South Knoxville (11 replies)
- Meeting on changes to SW Form-based Code Thursday 10/20 (1 reply)
- News Sentinel new layout (7 replies)
- Fmr. SC Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, don't interrupt me darlin (1 reply)
- Noon thread - what a beautiful day! (1 reply)