The Knox Co. Election office issued the following statement:
With only four days remaining to vote early in the 2012 Presidential Election, the Knox County Election Commission is offering extended hours to encourage more folks to go to the polls before Election Day.
"We’re experiencing the highest voter turnout in the history of Knox County," Administrator of Elections Cliff Rodgers said. "With all the uncertain weather, we're hoping folks will avoid the lines on Election Day and vote this week."
Early voting locations will be open Monday through Thursday, 10 am to 8 pm (except the City-County Building which follows a different schedule). The last day of early voting is Thursday, November 1st.
In addition to extended hours, an additional early voting location will open today at the University Center on the University of Tennessee campus.
"We’re hoping students, faculty, and staff at the University of Tennessee will utilize our University Center location," said Administrator Rodgers. "Parking is a problem but if you’re already on campus, this is a great location."
For more information about early voting locations and the extended schedule, visit knoxcounty.org/election or call the election commission at 215-2480.
- Justice? (54 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (6 replies)
- Developers look to create underground NYC park (2 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (62 replies)
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (13 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)