We canceled our subscription to Newsweek a while back because it went to shit when Tina Brown took over. They keep sending us the stupid things and offering us an eight year subscription for $5 or something ridiculous like that.
Today (by way of Southern Beale), we see they are finally giving up and ending the print version. I would almost say it's a shame, because it only took them about six months to completely ruin what was a pretty good newsweekly, especially under Jon Meacham who left when the idiots took over. But it's actually a relief because it means we won't keep getting them in the mail.
P.S. We switched to Time, a far superior product.
- Toxic chemicals from train incident suspected in Culton Creek fish kill (16 replies)
- Suttree Landing Park groundbreaking (3 replies)
- Greek humor (1 reply)
- Funny letter to the editor (12 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (3 replies)
- Concert performances you have experienced (and can remember) (55 replies)
- school board meeting underway (102 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (37 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (33 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)