We canceled our subscription to Newsweek a while back because it went to shit when Tina Brown took over. They keep sending us the stupid things and offering us an eight year subscription for $5 or something ridiculous like that.
Today (by way of Southern Beale), we see they are finally giving up and ending the print version. I would almost say it's a shame, because it only took them about six months to completely ruin what was a pretty good newsweekly, especially under Jon Meacham who left when the idiots took over. But it's actually a relief because it means we won't keep getting them in the mail.
P.S. We switched to Time, a far superior product.
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- International Baccalaureate (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (3 days 10 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 10 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 11 hours from now)