We canceled our subscription to Newsweek a while back because it went to shit when Tina Brown took over. They keep sending us the stupid things and offering us an eight year subscription for $5 or something ridiculous like that.
Today (by way of Southern Beale), we see they are finally giving up and ending the print version. I would almost say it's a shame, because it only took them about six months to completely ruin what was a pretty good newsweekly, especially under Jon Meacham who left when the idiots took over. But it's actually a relief because it means we won't keep getting them in the mail.
P.S. We switched to Time, a far superior product.
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (84 replies)
- Via TREE - The Latest on Voucher Bill (7 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (12 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (309 replies)
- Fresenius Medical Care Invests $140 Million To Locate Manufacturing Facility In Knoxville (1 reply)
- Baptist Hospital demolition underway (5 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (3 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (31 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Mar 19 2014 - 12:00pm (1 week 3 hours from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)