Surprised would be an understatement. Shocked is more like it. Voters kept coming by the canopy to shake Anthony's hand. "You're the only Democrat I voted for", I heard them say. Crowds of people formed and walked in as voting groups.
As we set up the canopy , the republicans began hitting the phones. You could almost smell the fear. When Anthony got off work (he's a school teacher) and began shaking hands, I felt like I was in on the beginning of something big. This guy is for real. This election is going to be his. Anthony Hancock is grass roots personified.
I don't know where all the people obviously supporting him came from, but they came in droves. I'm not sure about exactly what he's doing, but whatever it is, he got people to the polls to vote today and if he keeps up at this rate, he may well set a record for representative votes in the eighteenth district.
Approximately 2000 people were said to vote at Downtown West today. By my eyeball count and judging from the pre and post vote reaction, I'd guess Anthony took 60% of the vote today. But there's more to do.
The monkey is now on the opposition's back. Anthony Hancock is for real, he made that known today. Not only is he the best man and best candidate in this election, it turns out that he has a knack for knowing how to get folks to the polls. But, it's not over, it's just beginning.
Please, spread the word. Everyone at the polls saw what was going on and the big machines are supporting the bad guys.
We need your help! Spread the word! Don't let the momentum end. Vote! Vote! Vote! And get your friends and neighbors to vote. You can make a difference.
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Looking like a deadlock (3 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (7 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (4 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (33 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)