What: MPC Public Meeting on Courtyard Development
When: Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 5:00pm
Where: Cansler Y, 616 Jessamine Street
The Knoxville-Knox County Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) has scheduled a public meeting to discuss proposed amendments to the Knoxville zoning ordinance to allow for the possibility of courtyard developments in residential zone districts.
Under the proposal, such developments would have to be approved as a use on review by the commission.
The meeting will begin at 5 p.m. Thursday, October 25, in the community room of Cansler Family YMCA, 616 Jessamine Street off East Fifth Avenue. The facility is easily accessible from the Hall of Fame Drive exit on I-40. Park between the Y and O’Connor Senior Center.
Here is background as provided by MPC:
“City Council in July asked MPC to study and make recommendations regarding amendments to the City of Knoxville zoning ordinance to allow consideration of a type of residential infill development commonly known as courtyard or cottage development, or pocket neighborhoods, in residential zone districts.
“Courtyard development is a grouping of small detached or attached houses around a courtyard or common space rather that requiring lot frontage for each house on a public street. This style of design helps promote a sense of community and neighborliness within the development.
“Draft regulations are posted at (link...) for public review.
This zoning ordinance amendment is scheduled for consideration by the planning commission at its November 8, 2012 meeting. Public comment may be submitted for the record prior to the meeting at www.knoxmpc.org.”
If the planning commission approves the proposed zoning ordinance amendment in November, it would be considered by City Council at its meetings in December.
- City to begin enforcing parking meter time limits (10 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (4 replies)
- Is Trump a pathological liar? (1 reply)
- Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protest (1 reply)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (32 replies)
- MLK Center Job Posting (1 reply)
- Feeling old (1 reply)
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (2 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)