What: MPC Public Meeting on Courtyard Development
When: Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 5:00pm
Where: Cansler Y, 616 Jessamine Street
The Knoxville-Knox County Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) has scheduled a public meeting to discuss proposed amendments to the Knoxville zoning ordinance to allow for the possibility of courtyard developments in residential zone districts.
Under the proposal, such developments would have to be approved as a use on review by the commission.
The meeting will begin at 5 p.m. Thursday, October 25, in the community room of Cansler Family YMCA, 616 Jessamine Street off East Fifth Avenue. The facility is easily accessible from the Hall of Fame Drive exit on I-40. Park between the Y and O’Connor Senior Center.
Here is background as provided by MPC:
“City Council in July asked MPC to study and make recommendations regarding amendments to the City of Knoxville zoning ordinance to allow consideration of a type of residential infill development commonly known as courtyard or cottage development, or pocket neighborhoods, in residential zone districts.
“Courtyard development is a grouping of small detached or attached houses around a courtyard or common space rather that requiring lot frontage for each house on a public street. This style of design helps promote a sense of community and neighborliness within the development.
“Draft regulations are posted at (link...) for public review.
This zoning ordinance amendment is scheduled for consideration by the planning commission at its November 8, 2012 meeting. Public comment may be submitted for the record prior to the meeting at www.knoxmpc.org.”
If the planning commission approves the proposed zoning ordinance amendment in November, it would be considered by City Council at its meetings in December.
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (52 replies)
- A future for I-40? (7 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (10 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (12 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (17 hours 57 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (1 day 19 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (1 day 20 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 19 hours from now)