The economic realities of the newspaper business here in Memphis led to a decision that editorial costs at The Commercial Appeal had to be reduced this year. As a result, eight newsroom positions, including four senior manager positions, have been eliminated from our staffing chart - effective Oct 1.
The Memphis Flyer has the rest of the employee memo at the above link. The Memphis Commercial Appeal is owned by the E. W. Scripps Company, which is also the parent company of the Knoxville News Sentinel.
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Laying the foundation (17 replies)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (14 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (2 replies)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (28 replies)
- ISIS (40 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (35 replies)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (3 replies)
- Episcopal Church approves liturgy for blessing same-gender unions (4 replies)
- Unemployment up in Tennessee (9 replies)
- Why can't the US make erasers? (10 replies)