The economic realities of the newspaper business here in Memphis led to a decision that editorial costs at The Commercial Appeal had to be reduced this year. As a result, eight newsroom positions, including four senior manager positions, have been eliminated from our staffing chart - effective Oct 1.
The Memphis Flyer has the rest of the employee memo at the above link. The Memphis Commercial Appeal is owned by the E. W. Scripps Company, which is also the parent company of the Knoxville News Sentinel.
- Superintendent's holiday message to teachers (3 replies)
- New York bans styrofoam (19 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)