The economic realities of the newspaper business here in Memphis led to a decision that editorial costs at The Commercial Appeal had to be reduced this year. As a result, eight newsroom positions, including four senior manager positions, have been eliminated from our staffing chart - effective Oct 1.
The Memphis Flyer has the rest of the employee memo at the above link. The Memphis Commercial Appeal is owned by the E. W. Scripps Company, which is also the parent company of the Knoxville News Sentinel.
- school board meeting underway (34 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (5 replies)