The economic realities of the newspaper business here in Memphis led to a decision that editorial costs at The Commercial Appeal had to be reduced this year. As a result, eight newsroom positions, including four senior manager positions, have been eliminated from our staffing chart - effective Oct 1.
The Memphis Flyer has the rest of the employee memo at the above link. The Memphis Commercial Appeal is owned by the E. W. Scripps Company, which is also the parent company of the Knoxville News Sentinel.
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (10 replies)
- Peyton Manning's last game? (15 replies)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (4 replies)
- House defers vouchers (2 replies)
- Pilot update (25 replies)
- Alcoa pedestrian bridge grand opening (9 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)