The economic realities of the newspaper business here in Memphis led to a decision that editorial costs at The Commercial Appeal had to be reduced this year. As a result, eight newsroom positions, including four senior manager positions, have been eliminated from our staffing chart - effective Oct 1.
The Memphis Flyer has the rest of the employee memo at the above link. The Memphis Commercial Appeal is owned by the E. W. Scripps Company, which is also the parent company of the Knoxville News Sentinel.
- For You and Me (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (40 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (16 replies)
- 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 today (2 replies)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)