The Tennessean reports that Gov. Haslam and Mayor Dean of Nashville called an 8AM press conference to announce a "major economic development."
UPDATE: HCA making major investment in Nashville, building new facility at formerly vacant downtown site. The new office towers will be corporate headquarters for HCA's research and business service operations that will initially employ 1000 and possibly up to 2000 in the future. Nashville incentives include $500 per employee and tax abatement. State incentives include $7,500 per new employee.
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (31 replies)
- Funny letter to the editor (8 replies)
- school board meeting underway (85 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)