The City of Knoxville and Legacy Parks Foundation host the opening the new Island River Drive boat launch today at 3PM. The official opening of the new launch, at 5599 Island River Drive, will be followed by a short kayak trip on the river. Mayor Rogero will show off her paddling skills.
Looks like this will be a good put in for a short float/paddle down the river to downtown, or a take out for a longer float/paddle from Seven Islands.
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (4 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (38 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (1 reply)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (8 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (2 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (4 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (6 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (6 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (6 days 4 hours from now)