The City of Knoxville and Legacy Parks Foundation host the opening the new Island River Drive boat launch today at 3PM. The official opening of the new launch, at 5599 Island River Drive, will be followed by a short kayak trip on the river. Mayor Rogero will show off her paddling skills.
Looks like this will be a good put in for a short float/paddle down the river to downtown, or a take out for a longer float/paddle from Seven Islands.
- Blurring the Racial Lines (44 replies)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (9 replies)
- The banality of evil (12 replies)
- NYT Calls for prosecution of Cheney et al for torture in today's editorial (1 reply)
- DG tissues: what you see (3 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (4 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (19 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (6 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (2 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (52 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (42 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)