The City of Knoxville and Legacy Parks Foundation host the opening the new Island River Drive boat launch today at 3PM. The official opening of the new launch, at 5599 Island River Drive, will be followed by a short kayak trip on the river. Mayor Rogero will show off her paddling skills.
Looks like this will be a good put in for a short float/paddle down the river to downtown, or a take out for a longer float/paddle from Seven Islands.
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (37 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (24 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (6 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (5 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (14 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (7 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)