The City of Knoxville and Legacy Parks Foundation host the opening the new Island River Drive boat launch today at 3PM. The official opening of the new launch, at 5599 Island River Drive, will be followed by a short kayak trip on the river. Mayor Rogero will show off her paddling skills.
Looks like this will be a good put in for a short float/paddle down the river to downtown, or a take out for a longer float/paddle from Seven Islands.
- Mayor Rogero announces city budget, proposed tax increase (3 replies)
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (24 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (15 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (5 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (19 replies)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (50 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (3 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)