James Yoakley, former newspaper and yearbook advisor at Lenoir City high school, named the 2012 Adult Courage in Student Journalism Award recipient by the Student Press Law Center in Washington, D.C.
And here's the SPLC news release on the matter, which also names a group of Kentucky students with the student award.
- Tyndall fired (17 replies)
- New push for state takeover of coal regulation gains steam (2 replies)
- Unlike Vouchers and Charters, Community Schools Work (3 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)