Reports are circulating that Gov. Haslam and the State of Tennessee have pulled BEP funds from Nashville schools after the local school board refused to approve a charter school the state was promoting. There was also talk the other day about state-level charter school approvals to bypass local school boards.
UPDATE: Huffman pulling $3.4 million in funding "as a consequence of the district's refusal to follow state law." Full statement...
UPDATE: Metro Nashville Public Schools: "We are very disappointed." Full statement...
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (6 replies)
- ISIS (109 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (4 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (33 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (7 replies)
- Remedial civics needed in J-school? (7 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (5 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (65 replies)