Reports are circulating that Gov. Haslam and the State of Tennessee have pulled BEP funds from Nashville schools after the local school board refused to approve a charter school the state was promoting. There was also talk the other day about state-level charter school approvals to bypass local school boards.
UPDATE: Huffman pulling $3.4 million in funding "as a consequence of the district's refusal to follow state law." Full statement...
UPDATE: Metro Nashville Public Schools: "We are very disappointed." Full statement...
- ISIS+ (5 replies)
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (14 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (30 replies)
- McMillan elected School Board Chair (3 replies)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (7 hours 20 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 7 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 8 hours from now)