Reports are circulating that Gov. Haslam and the State of Tennessee have pulled BEP funds from Nashville schools after the local school board refused to approve a charter school the state was promoting. There was also talk the other day about state-level charter school approvals to bypass local school boards.
UPDATE: Huffman pulling $3.4 million in funding "as a consequence of the district's refusal to follow state law." Full statement...
UPDATE: Metro Nashville Public Schools: "We are very disappointed." Full statement...
- What are Democrats fighting about? (22 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)
- Knoxville mayor appoints three new MPC members (7 replies)
- Germany's renewable energy (14 replies)
- Wireless Smart Meters Coming Summer 2016 brought to you by KUB (4 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (2 replies)