Today's News Sentinel editorial entitled "Knox County's finances must be transparent" complains about a surprise surplus and says "it is essential that local government's financial picture be completely up-to-date and transparent, not only for the 'board of directors' but also to the citizens of Knox County." They seem to blame the Burchett administration for not being transparent and forthcoming.
We are surprised to learn that the KNS and County Commissioners do not have working web browsers and internet access sufficient to access the web page called "Open and Transparent Government" on the Knox Couny website, where monthly reports such as "Budget Report to Citizenry" can be found that show receipts, outlays, etc. as a percent of budget, etc., and "Monthly Collections & Financial Reports" from the Trustee's office detailing monthly tax collections.
Perhaps the KNS didn't get the January 2011 press release from the Mayor's office announcing the launch of the new website that "helps ensure openness and transparency."
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (5 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (12 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (2 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (1 reply)
- Watch this and get inspired (2 replies)
- Bar Marley (5 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (15 hours 44 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (16 hours 29 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 15 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)