Local media is lit up with the big news that Pilot has named PepsiCo president John Compton as CEO.
(Or, as Reuters put it, Compton is leaving PepsiCo to become the CEO of a truck stop operator.)
Which brings immediately to mind the infamous hiring of John Sculley to head up Apple.
Except, Pilot is no Apple. And a former PepsiCo executive might be a good fit for a gas, beer, cigs, carbs and lotto enterprise. Should be right up in his wheelhouse. And he probably won't be firing any founding executives.
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (15 replies)
- Jimmy Carter: America is no longer a democracy (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (16 replies)
- USA! USA! (4 replies)
- AJ building proposals (3 replies)
- Newsroom of the Future's editor, past tense (3 replies)
- Obama unveils ‘biggest step we’ve ever taken’ on climate (2 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (15 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (10 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (49 replies)
- Why teachers can’t hotfoot it out of Kansas fast enough (1 reply)
- Buzz Aldrin's Apollo 11 travel voucher (2 replies)