Local media is lit up with the big news that Pilot has named PepsiCo president John Compton as CEO.
(Or, as Reuters put it, Compton is leaving PepsiCo to become the CEO of a truck stop operator.)
Which brings immediately to mind the infamous hiring of John Sculley to head up Apple.
Except, Pilot is no Apple. And a former PepsiCo executive might be a good fit for a gas, beer, cigs, carbs and lotto enterprise. Should be right up in his wheelhouse. And he probably won't be firing any founding executives.
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (4 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (22 replies)
- The best states for bicycling (13 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (46 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (19 replies)
- David Letterman signs off (2 replies)
- Good guys just stand out (1 reply)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (3 replies)
- DTV Features Honor Air Knoxville and Eddie Mannis (1 reply)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)