Local media is lit up with the big news that Pilot has named PepsiCo president John Compton as CEO.
(Or, as Reuters put it, Compton is leaving PepsiCo to become the CEO of a truck stop operator.)
Which brings immediately to mind the infamous hiring of John Sculley to head up Apple.
Except, Pilot is no Apple. And a former PepsiCo executive might be a good fit for a gas, beer, cigs, carbs and lotto enterprise. Should be right up in his wheelhouse. And he probably won't be firing any founding executives.
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (12 replies)
- Justice? (41 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (59 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)
- Latest UT athletics drama (9 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (58 replies)
- Sad pet store story (5 replies)
- Ravitch: Education reform is a hoax (1 reply)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (8 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (16 replies)