Local media is lit up with the big news that Pilot has named PepsiCo president John Compton as CEO.
(Or, as Reuters put it, Compton is leaving PepsiCo to become the CEO of a truck stop operator.)
Which brings immediately to mind the infamous hiring of John Sculley to head up Apple.
Except, Pilot is no Apple. And a former PepsiCo executive might be a good fit for a gas, beer, cigs, carbs and lotto enterprise. Should be right up in his wheelhouse. And he probably won't be firing any founding executives.
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (12 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (17 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (2 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)