The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission today announced a voluntary recall of Mr. Coffee Single Cup Brewing Systems imported by Sunbeam Products Inc. dba Jarden Consumer Solutions (JCS). There were 520,000 units sold in the U.S.
According to the CPSC, a build-up of steam in the water reservoir can force the brewing chamber open and expel hot coffee grounds and water, posing a burn hazard. There are 164 reports of the brewing chamber opening due to steam pressure, including approximately 59 reports in the U.S. and two in Canada of burn injuries to consumers' face, upper torso and hands.
The units were sold by Bed Bath & Beyond, Brandsmart, JC Penney, Kmart, Lowe's, Target and Walmart, and online at www.mrcoffee.com from September 2010 through August 2012 for between $60 and $80.
The CPSC says consumers should immediately stop using the recalled coffee brewer and contact JCS to receive instructions on how to obtain a free replacement unit. For additional information, contact JCS at (800) 993-8609, or visit the firm's website at www.mrcoffeerecall.com.
- City of Knoxville 50th Anniversary Commemoration of Selma March - Walk with the KCDP (2 replies)
- Voucher Action (6 replies)
- Falling to the mat with the ACA - King vs Burwell (4 replies)
- Bicycle superhighways (7 replies)
- Unemployment at lowest in 7 years (3 replies)
- Developers Plan to Change Baptist Hospital Site Plans (24 replies)
- KCS fundraising faux pas (14 replies)
- Shadowy groups seek to keep virtual schools alive in Tennessee (12 replies)
- Tennessee and Kansas (3 replies)
- Betty Bean: Emerald Recruitment Ltr Angers Christenberry Faculty (29 replies)
- Free market senior services? (7 replies)
- Belated condolences to Jamie Satterfield (7 replies)
- Mar 7 2015 - 1:00pm (13 hours 40 min from now)
- Mar 8 2015 - 2:00pm (1 day 13 hours from now)