Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (3 replies)
- Ice oddity (4 replies)
- Headline fail (6 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (17 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (5 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (1 reply)
- Iindependent Lens file: A Path Appears (2 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (26 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (7 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (5 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (2 replies)
- Knox Co. suing Mike Lowe? (1 reply)