Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- New York bans styrofoam (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (7 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)