Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- Infrastructure grades (4 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (31 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (63 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (10 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (1 hour 8 min ago)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (8 min 54 sec ago)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (6 days 23 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 23 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 4 days from now)