Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- Grainger County 'maters (3 replies)
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (2 replies)
- Ijams rope course death (11 replies)
- HOV Lanes - ILEVs (4 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (13 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (9 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (47 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (13 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)