Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- DNC rolls back Obama ban on contributions from federal lobbyists (1 reply)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (19 replies)
- Nate Silver forecasts 50/50 chance that either Dem wins in Nevada (5 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (6 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (3 replies)
- Pilot update (19 replies)
- Delegate counts (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)