Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (12 replies)
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (9 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (5 replies)
- Bar Marley (6 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (2 replies)
- Watch this and get inspired (3 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (12 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (7 hours 48 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (8 hours 33 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 7 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)