Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (28 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- The How & Why (1 reply)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (1 reply)
- More signs of spring (1 reply)
- Thoughts on Trumpspeak (2 replies)
- City to exclude glass from curbside recycling (17 replies)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 day 20 hours from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (6 days 12 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)