Cantaloupes from Chamberlain Farms Produce, Inc. of Owensville, Indiana, are being recalled.
A total of 178 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 21 states.
Six Tennesseeans are reported to have been affected by the outbreak. Sixty-two people across the country have been hospitalized and two people from Kentucky have died.
Consumers are advised not to eat cantaloupes identified as being from Chamberlain Farms. Retailers and food service operators should not sell or serve Chamberlain Farms cantaloupes. Or, when in doubt throw it out.
- Nashville Charter Drama (5 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (58 replies)
- FBI investigating charter school waste, fraud and corruption (3 replies)
- Fear of black people voting (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (323 replies)
- Mayor Rogero supports Freedom to Marry (1 reply)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (4 replies)
- ISIS (48 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (8 replies)
- Corporate profits (3 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (18 replies)
- Conversations (5 replies)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (1 hour 38 min from now)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 8 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (5 days 8 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 4 days from now)