What: Mayor Burchett hosts 'Back to School Bash'
When: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway
Knox Co. Mayor's office announcement...
Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett will host a "Back to School Bash" for Knox County students on Aug. 14, from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Merchants/I-75 Expo Center on Clinton Highway.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and the Knoxville Expo Center are also sponsoring the event.
"This is a great opportunity for students and their families to come out to get free school supplies and just have a good time," Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett said. "We will have a wide range of vendors at the 'Back to School Bash,' including health, fitness and recreation related organizations. I hope families will come out and enjoy everything this event has to offer."
The Knox County Health Department, Parks & Recreation and the Public Library will take part in the event, along with various area restaurants. There will be a stage with various interactive performances and presentations geared toward students.
The event is free and open to the public.
- Looking like a deadlock (3 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (7 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (4 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (33 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (7 replies)