What: Mayor Burchett hosts 'Back to School Bash'
When: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway
Knox Co. Mayor's office announcement...
Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett will host a "Back to School Bash" for Knox County students on Aug. 14, from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Merchants/I-75 Expo Center on Clinton Highway.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and the Knoxville Expo Center are also sponsoring the event.
"This is a great opportunity for students and their families to come out to get free school supplies and just have a good time," Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett said. "We will have a wide range of vendors at the 'Back to School Bash,' including health, fitness and recreation related organizations. I hope families will come out and enjoy everything this event has to offer."
The Knox County Health Department, Parks & Recreation and the Public Library will take part in the event, along with various area restaurants. There will be a stage with various interactive performances and presentations geared toward students.
The event is free and open to the public.
- WikiLeaks releases 20K DNC e-mails. (3 replies)
- Who will Clinton pick as VP? (38 replies)
- Clinton picks Kaine (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (364 replies)
- Mark Harmon: Thanks, Obama. No, really, thanks (5 replies)
- Hotter than a $2 pistol (7 replies)
- While waiting for November, don't forget there are local elections going on (6 replies)
- How car-sharing is already helping cities with their transit issues (1 reply)
- South Waterfront update (14 replies)
- Mayor Rogero and Chief Rausch Declare War on Gang Members (1 reply)
- Ailes out at Fox News (4 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (11 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (4 days 57 min from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)