What: Mayor Burchett hosts 'Back to School Bash'
When: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway
Knox Co. Mayor's office announcement...
Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett will host a "Back to School Bash" for Knox County students on Aug. 14, from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Merchants/I-75 Expo Center on Clinton Highway.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and the Knoxville Expo Center are also sponsoring the event.
"This is a great opportunity for students and their families to come out to get free school supplies and just have a good time," Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett said. "We will have a wide range of vendors at the 'Back to School Bash,' including health, fitness and recreation related organizations. I hope families will come out and enjoy everything this event has to offer."
The Knox County Health Department, Parks & Recreation and the Public Library will take part in the event, along with various area restaurants. There will be a stage with various interactive performances and presentations geared toward students.
The event is free and open to the public.
- school board meeting underway (45 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)