What: Mayor Burchett hosts 'Back to School Bash'
When: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway
Knox Co. Mayor's office announcement...
Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett will host a "Back to School Bash" for Knox County students on Aug. 14, from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Merchants/I-75 Expo Center on Clinton Highway.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and the Knoxville Expo Center are also sponsoring the event.
"This is a great opportunity for students and their families to come out to get free school supplies and just have a good time," Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett said. "We will have a wide range of vendors at the 'Back to School Bash,' including health, fitness and recreation related organizations. I hope families will come out and enjoy everything this event has to offer."
The Knox County Health Department, Parks & Recreation and the Public Library will take part in the event, along with various area restaurants. There will be a stage with various interactive performances and presentations geared toward students.
The event is free and open to the public.
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (51 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (11 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (8 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (44 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (16 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (6 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (73 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)