What: Mayor Burchett hosts 'Back to School Bash'
When: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway
Knox Co. Mayor's office announcement...
Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett will host a "Back to School Bash" for Knox County students on Aug. 14, from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Merchants/I-75 Expo Center on Clinton Highway.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and the Knoxville Expo Center are also sponsoring the event.
"This is a great opportunity for students and their families to come out to get free school supplies and just have a good time," Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett said. "We will have a wide range of vendors at the 'Back to School Bash,' including health, fitness and recreation related organizations. I hope families will come out and enjoy everything this event has to offer."
The Knox County Health Department, Parks & Recreation and the Public Library will take part in the event, along with various area restaurants. There will be a stage with various interactive performances and presentations geared toward students.
The event is free and open to the public.
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (1 reply)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (6 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (48 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (8 replies)
- ISIS (143 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (1 day 10 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (2 days 12 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 days 12 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 11 hours from now)