What: Mayor Burchett hosts 'Back to School Bash'
When: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway
Knox Co. Mayor's office announcement...
Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett will host a "Back to School Bash" for Knox County students on Aug. 14, from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Merchants/I-75 Expo Center on Clinton Highway.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and the Knoxville Expo Center are also sponsoring the event.
"This is a great opportunity for students and their families to come out to get free school supplies and just have a good time," Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett said. "We will have a wide range of vendors at the 'Back to School Bash,' including health, fitness and recreation related organizations. I hope families will come out and enjoy everything this event has to offer."
The Knox County Health Department, Parks & Recreation and the Public Library will take part in the event, along with various area restaurants. There will be a stage with various interactive performances and presentations geared toward students.
The event is free and open to the public.
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (2 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (5 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)
- Vouchers back in the House today... Update: bill tabled, no vouchers (1 reply)
- Delegate counts (7 replies)
- Sears closing more stores (8 replies)
- Petition for a Better Dollar General on Washington Pike (18 replies)
- Magnolia Ave. Streetscape project a conundrum (2 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (10 replies)
- House defers vouchers (8 replies)