What: Mayor Burchett hosts 'Back to School Bash'
When: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway
Knox Co. Mayor's office announcement...
Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett will host a "Back to School Bash" for Knox County students on Aug. 14, from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Merchants/I-75 Expo Center on Clinton Highway.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and the Knoxville Expo Center are also sponsoring the event.
"This is a great opportunity for students and their families to come out to get free school supplies and just have a good time," Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett said. "We will have a wide range of vendors at the 'Back to School Bash,' including health, fitness and recreation related organizations. I hope families will come out and enjoy everything this event has to offer."
The Knox County Health Department, Parks & Recreation and the Public Library will take part in the event, along with various area restaurants. There will be a stage with various interactive performances and presentations geared toward students.
The event is free and open to the public.
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (28 replies)
- 10th anniversay of US invasion of Iraq (40 replies)
- TN Supreme Court Ruling on Property Rights (4 replies)
- Patient advocates say insurers avoiding the sick (1 reply)
- Books Sandwiched In Welcomes Alvin Nance This Wednesday! (3 replies)
- Unemployment up in Tennessee (8 replies)
- ISIS (39 replies)
- Why can't the US make erasers? (9 replies)
- August 18 (16 replies)
- Maybe he was trying to get help? (2 replies)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (26 replies)
- Rites of geezerdom passage: Box wines (22 replies)