KNS reporter Mike Donila has quit blogging to spend more time with his family or something. With the curious disclaimer that anything you might have heard to the contrary is not true.
Let's look at a timeline. Donila appears on the scene to cover county government. Says the suits told him he had to have a blog. He resurrects Screams from the Porch. Knox Co. Schools wants a $35 million budget bump. KNS adopts an editorial policy supporting it. Knox Co. Mayor says not just no but hell no if it involves a tax increase. Donila is chummy with Knox Co. Mayor. Donila questions Knox Co. Schools central office staffing, especially the nearly half-million dollar communications shop. Donila quits blogging. KNS education reporter does an in-depth comparative analysis of school system central office staffing in a "move along, nothing to see here" article.
I'm sure there's more, or probably less, you could read in to all this. But it makes for good soap opera. And we will miss Donila's blog, for sure.
- New pipeline (1 reply)
- ISIS (42 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (3 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (5 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (38 replies)
- Are Achievement School District schools achieving? (1 reply)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (26 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (17 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (1 reply)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (1 day 16 hours from now)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 23 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 23 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 6 days from now)