KNS reporter Mike Donila has quit blogging to spend more time with his family or something. With the curious disclaimer that anything you might have heard to the contrary is not true.
Let's look at a timeline. Donila appears on the scene to cover county government. Says the suits told him he had to have a blog. He resurrects Screams from the Porch. Knox Co. Schools wants a $35 million budget bump. KNS adopts an editorial policy supporting it. Knox Co. Mayor says not just no but hell no if it involves a tax increase. Donila is chummy with Knox Co. Mayor. Donila questions Knox Co. Schools central office staffing, especially the nearly half-million dollar communications shop. Donila quits blogging. KNS education reporter does an in-depth comparative analysis of school system central office staffing in a "move along, nothing to see here" article.
I'm sure there's more, or probably less, you could read in to all this. But it makes for good soap opera. And we will miss Donila's blog, for sure.
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (60 replies)
- National walk to school day (7 replies)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (12 replies)
- CBO: Budget deficit smallest since 2007 (7 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (3 replies)
- Now what? (1 reply)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (2 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (4 days 12 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (4 days 13 hours from now)