KNS reporter Mike Donila has quit blogging to spend more time with his family or something. With the curious disclaimer that anything you might have heard to the contrary is not true.
Let's look at a timeline. Donila appears on the scene to cover county government. Says the suits told him he had to have a blog. He resurrects Screams from the Porch. Knox Co. Schools wants a $35 million budget bump. KNS adopts an editorial policy supporting it. Knox Co. Mayor says not just no but hell no if it involves a tax increase. Donila is chummy with Knox Co. Mayor. Donila questions Knox Co. Schools central office staffing, especially the nearly half-million dollar communications shop. Donila quits blogging. KNS education reporter does an in-depth comparative analysis of school system central office staffing in a "move along, nothing to see here" article.
I'm sure there's more, or probably less, you could read in to all this. But it makes for good soap opera. And we will miss Donila's blog, for sure.
- No Credit? No Problem (17 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (43 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (24 replies)
- R.I.P. James Garner (7 replies)
- Further to the Comcast discussion...who's your competition? (4 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (9 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (4 replies)
- Briggs (190 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (2 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (11 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (3 replies)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (42 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 5 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 20 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 21 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (6 days 5 hours from now)