KNS reporter Mike Donila has quit blogging to spend more time with his family or something. With the curious disclaimer that anything you might have heard to the contrary is not true.
Let's look at a timeline. Donila appears on the scene to cover county government. Says the suits told him he had to have a blog. He resurrects Screams from the Porch. Knox Co. Schools wants a $35 million budget bump. KNS adopts an editorial policy supporting it. Knox Co. Mayor says not just no but hell no if it involves a tax increase. Donila is chummy with Knox Co. Mayor. Donila questions Knox Co. Schools central office staffing, especially the nearly half-million dollar communications shop. Donila quits blogging. KNS education reporter does an in-depth comparative analysis of school system central office staffing in a "move along, nothing to see here" article.
I'm sure there's more, or probably less, you could read in to all this. But it makes for good soap opera. And we will miss Donila's blog, for sure.
- Living Walls, Two (1 reply)
- Mayor Rogero's budget focuses on affordable housing, sustainability (4 replies)
- Corker saving Social Security? (19 replies)
- Loss of institutional knowledge already showing at the KNS McPaper (2 replies)
- No Hornback in Shopper (4 replies)
- Shocker at the Shopper (28 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (5 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (4 replies)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (17 replies)
- You Thought It Was An Urgent Care Center, Until You Got the Bill (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (117 replies)
- Regulating short term rentals in Knoxville (8 replies)