KNS reporter Mike Donila has quit blogging to spend more time with his family or something. With the curious disclaimer that anything you might have heard to the contrary is not true.
Let's look at a timeline. Donila appears on the scene to cover county government. Says the suits told him he had to have a blog. He resurrects Screams from the Porch. Knox Co. Schools wants a $35 million budget bump. KNS adopts an editorial policy supporting it. Knox Co. Mayor says not just no but hell no if it involves a tax increase. Donila is chummy with Knox Co. Mayor. Donila questions Knox Co. Schools central office staffing, especially the nearly half-million dollar communications shop. Donila quits blogging. KNS education reporter does an in-depth comparative analysis of school system central office staffing in a "move along, nothing to see here" article.
I'm sure there's more, or probably less, you could read in to all this. But it makes for good soap opera. And we will miss Donila's blog, for sure.
- Betty Bean: Emerald Recruitment Ltr Angers Christenberry Faculty (14 replies)
- Belated condolences to Jamie Satterfield (3 replies)
- Shadowy groups seek to keep virtual schools alive in Tennessee (7 replies)
- Compare and Contrast Challenge - Voucher Program (7 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (32 replies)
- Tennessee ranks in the bottom 10 of worst places to do business (10 replies)
- Next Stop (34 replies)
- Knox Co. Democratic Party convention March 28th (3 replies)
- KCS finance director leaving to join Emerald Youth Foundation (4 replies)
- Free market senior services? (5 replies)
- It's getting close to tax time (8 replies)
- (Another) Bargain Hunter's Review: United Grocery Outlet (6 replies)