KNS reporter Mike Donila has quit blogging to spend more time with his family or something. With the curious disclaimer that anything you might have heard to the contrary is not true.
Let's look at a timeline. Donila appears on the scene to cover county government. Says the suits told him he had to have a blog. He resurrects Screams from the Porch. Knox Co. Schools wants a $35 million budget bump. KNS adopts an editorial policy supporting it. Knox Co. Mayor says not just no but hell no if it involves a tax increase. Donila is chummy with Knox Co. Mayor. Donila questions Knox Co. Schools central office staffing, especially the nearly half-million dollar communications shop. Donila quits blogging. KNS education reporter does an in-depth comparative analysis of school system central office staffing in a "move along, nothing to see here" article.
I'm sure there's more, or probably less, you could read in to all this. But it makes for good soap opera. And we will miss Donila's blog, for sure.
- Republican State Rep: new traffic law needed to help him get home (16 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (344 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (66 replies)
- Gunman attacks Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic (17 replies)
- Local attorney K.O. Herston picked by American Bar Assoc. for Top 100 Law Blogs (1 reply)
- U.N. Weather Agency: It's Record Hot Out There This Year (3 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (12 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (39 replies)
- We are TARGEEEEET!!! (1 reply)
- Right-wing contortions (3 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Dec 1 2015 - 5:30pm (1 day 1 min from now)
- Dec 10 2015 - 5:30pm (1 week 3 days from now)