When: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 11:00am
Where: Candoro Marble, 681 Maryville Pike, South Knoxville
More info in the press release after the jump...
The 12th Annual Vestival: Saturday, May 12, 11AM – 7PM
The South Knoxville Art and Heritage Festival (Vestival) is, as always, the Saturday before Mother’s Day. We kick the day off with a special tribute to mothers as we serve a Mother’s Day Brunch (free to mother’s) at 11AM. Good food and music.
Vestival includes 2 stages of music, children’s activities, food vendors, arts and craft vendors (where you can buy your mom a gift). There are art and history exhibits where you can learn the interesting story of the Candoro Marble Factory where the Candoro Arts and Cultural Center is now located.
• Cake walk
• Maypole Dance
• Arts and crafts project tent
• Open mic
• Dragon Fly Aerial Arts
• One World Circus
• Belly Dancers
• The Theorizt
• Marina Orchestra
• Brandon James Wright and the Wrongs
• Mountain Soul
• The Bearded
• Maggie Longmire
• Jodie Manross
• Jessica Watson
• Mike Mcgill
• Jay Clarke
• The Gladson Family Band
Vestival is free and open to the public. A $5 donation is requested to support the festival and the work of the Candoro Arts and Heritage Center.
Sponsors include WBIR Channel 10, WDVX and The Knox Focus.
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (4 replies)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (11 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (4 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Ballot order (17 replies)