When: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 11:00am
Where: Candoro Marble, 681 Maryville Pike, South Knoxville
More info in the press release after the jump...
The 12th Annual Vestival: Saturday, May 12, 11AM – 7PM
The South Knoxville Art and Heritage Festival (Vestival) is, as always, the Saturday before Mother’s Day. We kick the day off with a special tribute to mothers as we serve a Mother’s Day Brunch (free to mother’s) at 11AM. Good food and music.
Vestival includes 2 stages of music, children’s activities, food vendors, arts and craft vendors (where you can buy your mom a gift). There are art and history exhibits where you can learn the interesting story of the Candoro Marble Factory where the Candoro Arts and Cultural Center is now located.
• Cake walk
• Maypole Dance
• Arts and crafts project tent
• Open mic
• Dragon Fly Aerial Arts
• One World Circus
• Belly Dancers
• The Theorizt
• Marina Orchestra
• Brandon James Wright and the Wrongs
• Mountain Soul
• The Bearded
• Maggie Longmire
• Jodie Manross
• Jessica Watson
• Mike Mcgill
• Jay Clarke
• The Gladson Family Band
Vestival is free and open to the public. A $5 donation is requested to support the festival and the work of the Candoro Arts and Heritage Center.
Sponsors include WBIR Channel 10, WDVX and The Knox Focus.
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (10 replies)
- Peyton Manning's last game? (15 replies)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (4 replies)
- House defers vouchers (2 replies)
- Pilot update (25 replies)
- Alcoa pedestrian bridge grand opening (9 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)