When: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 11:00am
Where: Candoro Marble, 681 Maryville Pike, South Knoxville
More info in the press release after the jump...
The 12th Annual Vestival: Saturday, May 12, 11AM – 7PM
The South Knoxville Art and Heritage Festival (Vestival) is, as always, the Saturday before Mother’s Day. We kick the day off with a special tribute to mothers as we serve a Mother’s Day Brunch (free to mother’s) at 11AM. Good food and music.
Vestival includes 2 stages of music, children’s activities, food vendors, arts and craft vendors (where you can buy your mom a gift). There are art and history exhibits where you can learn the interesting story of the Candoro Marble Factory where the Candoro Arts and Cultural Center is now located.
• Cake walk
• Maypole Dance
• Arts and crafts project tent
• Open mic
• Dragon Fly Aerial Arts
• One World Circus
• Belly Dancers
• The Theorizt
• Marina Orchestra
• Brandon James Wright and the Wrongs
• Mountain Soul
• The Bearded
• Maggie Longmire
• Jodie Manross
• Jessica Watson
• Mike Mcgill
• Jay Clarke
• The Gladson Family Band
Vestival is free and open to the public. A $5 donation is requested to support the festival and the work of the Candoro Arts and Heritage Center.
Sponsors include WBIR Channel 10, WDVX and The Knox Focus.
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (24 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (5 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (1 reply)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (64 replies)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)
- All-Clad for the win (9 replies)
- Headline fail (5 replies)
- Norris wants to give Congress the power to nullify federal regulations (they already can) (4 replies)