Yesterday, I received a slick-looking, double sided marketing flyer, delivered straight to our home mailbox, advertising the "comprehensive pain management" services of a practice called "Tennessee Preferred Medical."
I'm thinking that whichever mailing list provider sold my name and address to "Tennessee Preferred Medical" won't be getting their business again, because really, it's just not a good idea to send marketing flyers for what sure looks to be a pill mill (albeit one that takes insurance) to the mother of a teenager who died as a result of pain pill peddling in our community.
This is my just-published open letter to Tennessee Preferred Medical. I will also be contacting the TBI, DEA, Tenncare hotline and state medical board with the questions and concerns that I uncovered after receiving that flyer in the mail. I hope that some other Knoxviews readers will do the same.
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (1 reply)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (1 reply)
- Watch this and get inspired (2 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (11 replies)
- Bar Marley (5 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- A future for I-40? (17 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (12 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (4 hours 14 min ago)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (21 hours 45 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (22 hours 30 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)