Advanced Pain Therapeutics has opened across the street from the corner of Woodland Ave and Huron St near St. Mary's Hospital. A quick drive through the parking lot reveals Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina tags on cars and many rural East Tennessee county tags. People are sleeping in cars as well. Is this a legitimate business? Given the Sheriff's deputy cruising the alley behind the facility, one must wonder.
This is the border between Old North Knoxville and Oakwood, which are two quiet neighborhoods filled with beautiful homes and lots of working class people with kids. Residents should be vigilant as property crime could go up if this is a pill mill. As a matter of fact, the authorities need to reassure us that this is not a pill mill. If it is, then it needs to be shut down forthwith.
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (33 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (35 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (39 replies)
- Sales tax holiday weekend starts today (2 replies)
- Huffman caves (4 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (11 replies)
- Ice-free Arctic may come as soon as 2054, study says (9 replies)
- First Friday Celebration with Knox Co Democratic Party (1 reply)
- Turnout predictions? (22 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (4 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (33 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)