Advanced Pain Therapeutics has opened across the street from the corner of Woodland Ave and Huron St near St. Mary's Hospital. A quick drive through the parking lot reveals Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina tags on cars and many rural East Tennessee county tags. People are sleeping in cars as well. Is this a legitimate business? Given the Sheriff's deputy cruising the alley behind the facility, one must wonder.
This is the border between Old North Knoxville and Oakwood, which are two quiet neighborhoods filled with beautiful homes and lots of working class people with kids. Residents should be vigilant as property crime could go up if this is a pill mill. As a matter of fact, the authorities need to reassure us that this is not a pill mill. If it is, then it needs to be shut down forthwith.
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (9 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (13 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (5 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (4 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (24 replies)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)
- All-Clad for the win (9 replies)