Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Tyndall fired (14 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)
- Knoxville Mercury survey (1 reply)
- When avoiding ‘climate change’ is literally laughable (2 replies)