Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (12 replies)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (2 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (1 reply)
- Vacation snapshots (4 replies)
- Some South Knoxville businesses forced to move as rent increases (8 replies)
- Tennessee's new prison stops taking inmates (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)