Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Blurring the Racial Lines (14 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (29 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (13 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (30 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (15 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)