Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (4 replies)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (2 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (69 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (23 replies)
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)