Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Justice? (54 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (6 replies)
- Developers look to create underground NYC park (2 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (62 replies)
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (13 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)