Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- U.N. Weather Agency: It's Record Hot Out There This Year (4 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (67 replies)
- Republican State Rep: new traffic law needed to help him get home (16 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (344 replies)
- Gunman attacks Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic (17 replies)
- Local attorney K.O. Herston picked by American Bar Assoc. for Top 100 Law Blogs (1 reply)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (12 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (39 replies)
- We are TARGEEEEET!!! (1 reply)
- Right-wing contortions (3 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Dec 1 2015 - 5:30pm (15 hours 5 min from now)
- Dec 10 2015 - 5:30pm (1 week 2 days from now)