Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (26 replies)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (5 replies)
- CCA et al fund private prison study (1 reply)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (10 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (1 day 18 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (3 days 23 hours from now)