Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (5 replies)
- Ijams rope course death (13 replies)
- Grainger County 'maters (3 replies)
- HOV Lanes - ILEVs (4 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (13 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (9 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (47 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (13 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)