Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (21 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (22 replies)
- FCC will enforce net neutrality (1 reply)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (9 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (55 replies)
- Is there an exhaustive list of Knoxville breweries? (1 reply)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Here we go again (19 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)
- Tennessee considers for-profit public benefit corporate entities (50 replies)
- Tennessee Republican offers bill to nullify Farragut's town charter (10 replies)
- Check on your family and friends (2 replies)