Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Ditching your landline for a wireless home phone (5 replies)
- Steve Wildsmith: The hardest working man in journalism (6 replies)
- Democratic TV with Jessee Bundy (2 replies)
- Garth mania hits Knoxville (1 reply)
- Bernie is running (45 replies)
- Former Speaker Dennis Hastert Indicted (1 reply)
- Local alternative alternative paper filling in the Blank (27 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (11 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (31 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (7 replies)
- City unveils new website (20 replies)
- State rep hog farmer under EPA microscope (1 reply)