Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Shoulda got Moxley (63 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (5 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (4 replies)
- Shame on you Gov. Haslam (14 replies)
- What's the deal with switchblades? (27 replies)
- Fulton Lady Falcons win at state quarterfinals, 67-49 over Cannon County (1 reply)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (7 replies)
- RIP Bobby Drinnon (8 replies)
- U.S. Senate candidate Terry Adams blasts Alexander on veteran votes (6 replies)
- Ex SR No. 4501 Passes FRA Boiler Inspection (1 reply)
- Teacher-candidate wins Seventh District seat by default (61 replies)
- Anti Union Picketing Bill is moving - deferred to next Tuesday 3/11 (13 replies)
- Mar 8 2014 - 6:30pm (1 day 5 hours from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)