Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Alcoa Highway is growing (6 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (34 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (4 replies)
- The New American Death: Overdoses and Accidents (1 reply)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (4 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (2 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)
- Democrats staging sit-in on House floor (42 replies)
- "Make America White Again" (4 replies)