Nonfarm payroll employment was unchanged in August, and the unemployment rate held at 9.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Employment in most major industries changed little over the month. Health care continued to add jobs, and a decline in information employment reflected a strike. Government employment continued to trend down, despite the return of workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota.
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (27 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (3 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (4 replies)
- Airport connectivity (2 replies)
- Consumer alert: Humana Obamacare plans (1 reply)
- Quote of the day (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (83 replies)
- Perfect gift for the fake news email forwarding drunk uncle (2 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (45 replies)