As I mentioned in a previous post on July 10th, Knox County Commissioner Paul Pinkston is not concerned about getting a gazebo built at Maloney Road Park. Regarding the developer, Pinkston says, ""He's a local boy and a man of his word."
According to the News Sentinel article, the developer has 90 days from June 22nd to deliver a completed gabebo or Knox County will build it and charge the developer. This is after already waiting a year and a half for the contracted gazebo.
It has been 20 days since I brought up this topic. And, as I said earlier, "I don't doubt that the gazebo will be built". Here is what the developers have completed as of Saturday, July 29th. I do wonder how long it will take this developer to build this simple structure. Randy Webb had a letter to the editor in the News Sentinel today regarding the park and the poor construction of the dock the same developer agreed to build. This makes me also wonder about the future gazebo's quality of construction, how it will look, and if it will be up to Knox County park standards (I hope the county has standards).
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (41 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (41 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (3 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (1 reply)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (18 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)