As I mentioned in a previous post on July 10th, Knox County Commissioner Paul Pinkston is not concerned about getting a gazebo built at Maloney Road Park. Regarding the developer, Pinkston says, ""He's a local boy and a man of his word."
According to the News Sentinel article, the developer has 90 days from June 22nd to deliver a completed gabebo or Knox County will build it and charge the developer. This is after already waiting a year and a half for the contracted gazebo.
It has been 20 days since I brought up this topic. And, as I said earlier, "I don't doubt that the gazebo will be built". Here is what the developers have completed as of Saturday, July 29th. I do wonder how long it will take this developer to build this simple structure. Randy Webb had a letter to the editor in the News Sentinel today regarding the park and the poor construction of the dock the same developer agreed to build. This makes me also wonder about the future gazebo's quality of construction, how it will look, and if it will be up to Knox County park standards (I hope the county has standards).
- Inside the lonely "newsroom of the future" (5 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (305 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (19 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (3 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (16 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 14 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 14 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 15 hours from now)