12-year old Knoxvillian Birke Baehr will kickoff the first ever TEDxKnoxville party this evening at Latitude 35. Baehr was most recently named by treehugger.com as one of six "child environmentalists that have changed the world" after a presentation last year at TEDxAsheville about his passion for organic farming.
That TEDxAsheville presentation is now the most watched TEDx video in the world out of all 750 TEDx events in over 60 countries. TEDx continues to flourish around the world as a volunteer-powered forum that showcases "ideas worth spreading."
Other speakers will include volunteer organizer Alex Lavidge, recently named by Fast Company as one of 51 "brilliant urbanites who are helping to build the cities of America's future."
27-year old Web entrepreneur David Furman of Spruz.com and Skysa.com will also help kick off another one of the volunteer-powered events also happening this Novemeber, 48 Hour Launch. Otherwise known as 48HL, the event brings together visionaries and social entrepreneurs to launch startups and community endeavors in less than two days.
Shawn Carson, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Growth, will announce the plans for the Entrepreneurial Imperative 2011 conference this year at the Crowne Plaza on November 17th.
The event is free and open to the creative public, however RSVPs over facebook are encouraged.
Hors d'œuvres and deserts are compliments of Technology 2020 and Earth Fare Knoxville.
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)
- What are Democrats fighting about? (23 replies)
- Vacation snapshots (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)
- Knoxville mayor appoints three new MPC members (7 replies)
- Germany's renewable energy (14 replies)