12-year old Knoxvillian Birke Baehr will kickoff the first ever TEDxKnoxville party this evening at Latitude 35. Baehr was most recently named by treehugger.com as one of six "child environmentalists that have changed the world" after a presentation last year at TEDxAsheville about his passion for organic farming.
That TEDxAsheville presentation is now the most watched TEDx video in the world out of all 750 TEDx events in over 60 countries. TEDx continues to flourish around the world as a volunteer-powered forum that showcases "ideas worth spreading."
Other speakers will include volunteer organizer Alex Lavidge, recently named by Fast Company as one of 51 "brilliant urbanites who are helping to build the cities of America's future."
27-year old Web entrepreneur David Furman of Spruz.com and Skysa.com will also help kick off another one of the volunteer-powered events also happening this Novemeber, 48 Hour Launch. Otherwise known as 48HL, the event brings together visionaries and social entrepreneurs to launch startups and community endeavors in less than two days.
Shawn Carson, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Growth, will announce the plans for the Entrepreneurial Imperative 2011 conference this year at the Crowne Plaza on November 17th.
The event is free and open to the creative public, however RSVPs over facebook are encouraged.
Hors d'œuvres and deserts are compliments of Technology 2020 and Earth Fare Knoxville.
- Inside the lonely "newsroom of the future" (5 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (305 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (19 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (3 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (16 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 17 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 17 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 18 hours from now)