12-year old Knoxvillian Birke Baehr will kickoff the first ever TEDxKnoxville party this evening at Latitude 35. Baehr was most recently named by treehugger.com as one of six "child environmentalists that have changed the world" after a presentation last year at TEDxAsheville about his passion for organic farming.
That TEDxAsheville presentation is now the most watched TEDx video in the world out of all 750 TEDx events in over 60 countries. TEDx continues to flourish around the world as a volunteer-powered forum that showcases "ideas worth spreading."
Other speakers will include volunteer organizer Alex Lavidge, recently named by Fast Company as one of 51 "brilliant urbanites who are helping to build the cities of America's future."
27-year old Web entrepreneur David Furman of Spruz.com and Skysa.com will also help kick off another one of the volunteer-powered events also happening this Novemeber, 48 Hour Launch. Otherwise known as 48HL, the event brings together visionaries and social entrepreneurs to launch startups and community endeavors in less than two days.
Shawn Carson, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Growth, will announce the plans for the Entrepreneurial Imperative 2011 conference this year at the Crowne Plaza on November 17th.
The event is free and open to the creative public, however RSVPs over facebook are encouraged.
Hors d'œuvres and deserts are compliments of Technology 2020 and Earth Fare Knoxville.
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (6 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (3 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (20 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)
- Shopper News publisher Sandra Clark exonerated in theft trial (8 replies)
- Della Volpe opposes Tennova hospital relocation (16 replies)
- TNDP chair screening committee recommends three candidates (12 replies)
- Yet another Metro Pulse revival? (12 replies)