12-year old Knoxvillian Birke Baehr will kickoff the first ever TEDxKnoxville party this evening at Latitude 35. Baehr was most recently named by treehugger.com as one of six "child environmentalists that have changed the world" after a presentation last year at TEDxAsheville about his passion for organic farming.
That TEDxAsheville presentation is now the most watched TEDx video in the world out of all 750 TEDx events in over 60 countries. TEDx continues to flourish around the world as a volunteer-powered forum that showcases "ideas worth spreading."
Other speakers will include volunteer organizer Alex Lavidge, recently named by Fast Company as one of 51 "brilliant urbanites who are helping to build the cities of America's future."
27-year old Web entrepreneur David Furman of Spruz.com and Skysa.com will also help kick off another one of the volunteer-powered events also happening this Novemeber, 48 Hour Launch. Otherwise known as 48HL, the event brings together visionaries and social entrepreneurs to launch startups and community endeavors in less than two days.
Shawn Carson, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Growth, will announce the plans for the Entrepreneurial Imperative 2011 conference this year at the Crowne Plaza on November 17th.
The event is free and open to the creative public, however RSVPs over facebook are encouraged.
Hors d'œuvres and deserts are compliments of Technology 2020 and Earth Fare Knoxville.
- Emerald Academy principal named (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (6 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (6 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)
- Can we get a little humanity up in here? (12 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (33 replies)
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (11 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)
- The Master of Space and Time (1 reply)
- U.S. health insurers to pay $330 million in premium rebates (4 replies)