I was going to leg work this, but Christian Grantham already laid it down.
I was looking into the procedure for recall of legislators in the state of Tennessee and could only find provisions for local offices (T.C.A. 2-5-151).
I called the TN State Department this morning and was not only told there was no annotated code outlining recalls, but was directed to the state’s ouster law (T.C.A. 8-47-101). The helpful person who answered so early this morning literally had the answer so quickly it was as though some smart voters were already looking into it.
The funny thing about the ouster law is it requires voters prove a legislator broke the law. It doesn’t protect voters from moron politicians who promise voters they’ll do something about unemployment only to waste time promoting divisive legislation on gays, abortion, Muslims and making sure kids can bring guns to college. The problem with the ouster provision is that it’s not illegal to be a lying politician.
For that kind of crook, you need a recall.
I love all of the "Attack on the Republican Party" stuff. It holds both parties accountable, you fools. That you are anxious about it speaks volumes. Do the people's work and stop pandering. It is putting TN in a retrograde position to not have an effective legislative body.
- Grace Hopper: The Queen of Code (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (9 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (3 replies)
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (16 replies)
- 13th Annual ChiliFest! (1 reply)
- State fee to ride your bicycle on the South Loop Urban Wilderness Trail? (22 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday reports mounting losses, continuing decline in same store sales (35 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (11 replies)
- A couple of looks at sexual assault (6 replies)
- Samantha Manning no longer with WATE (5 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Feb 2 2015 - 6:15pm (21 hours 24 min from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 4:30pm (3 days 19 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (3 days 21 hours from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (5 days 19 hours from now)