I was going to leg work this, but Christian Grantham already laid it down.
I was looking into the procedure for recall of legislators in the state of Tennessee and could only find provisions for local offices (T.C.A. 2-5-151).
I called the TN State Department this morning and was not only told there was no annotated code outlining recalls, but was directed to the state’s ouster law (T.C.A. 8-47-101). The helpful person who answered so early this morning literally had the answer so quickly it was as though some smart voters were already looking into it.
The funny thing about the ouster law is it requires voters prove a legislator broke the law. It doesn’t protect voters from moron politicians who promise voters they’ll do something about unemployment only to waste time promoting divisive legislation on gays, abortion, Muslims and making sure kids can bring guns to college. The problem with the ouster provision is that it’s not illegal to be a lying politician.
For that kind of crook, you need a recall.
I love all of the "Attack on the Republican Party" stuff. It holds both parties accountable, you fools. That you are anxious about it speaks volumes. Do the people's work and stop pandering. It is putting TN in a retrograde position to not have an effective legislative body.
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (5 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (9 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (12 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (5 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (1 reply)
- Open letter to spammers (9 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (6 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (5 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)