Boycott blocks vote banning public employee unions - no quorum...
Report: Democratic legislators have left the city...
State Troopers may be sent to escort them back to session...
UPDATE: Republican Senate President Mike Ellis announced a "call of the house" to send police to force errant Democrats to return to the chamber.
UPDATE: Downtown Madison streets closed: "We need to make sure the protesters will be able to move safely," DeSpain said. Madison Police Chief Noble Wray said, "Our job is to create an environment for democracy to take place."
RELATED: About 1,800 descend on Ohio Statehouse to protest collective bargaining changes
SEE ALSO: The Value of Due Process
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (97 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (46 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (11 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (8 replies)
- Kroger Seasoning Recall includes Knoxville Area (2 replies)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (8 replies)
- Trump: John McCain is no war hero, plus he's a loser (20 replies)
- Eastbound Cumberland Ave. to close for six weeks (1 reply)
- Jul 29 2015 - 12:00pm (1 hour 53 min ago)
- Jul 29 2015 - 6:00pm (4 hours 6 min from now)
- Aug 7 2015 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (6 weeks 2 days from now)