Boycott blocks vote banning public employee unions - no quorum...
Report: Democratic legislators have left the city...
State Troopers may be sent to escort them back to session...
UPDATE: Republican Senate President Mike Ellis announced a "call of the house" to send police to force errant Democrats to return to the chamber.
UPDATE: Downtown Madison streets closed: "We need to make sure the protesters will be able to move safely," DeSpain said. Madison Police Chief Noble Wray said, "Our job is to create an environment for democracy to take place."
RELATED: About 1,800 descend on Ohio Statehouse to protest collective bargaining changes
SEE ALSO: The Value of Due Process
- School shooting in Oregon (19 replies)
- Now what? (2 replies)
- DOE awards UT $2.9 million grant for graduate energy technology program (3 replies)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (14 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (63 replies)
- The remarkable thing that happens to poor kids when you give their parents a little money (1 reply)
- National walk to school day (7 replies)
- CBO: Budget deficit smallest since 2007 (7 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (3 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (3 days 19 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (3 days 20 hours from now)