IMO, there are two competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing theory & the Chamber of Commerce theory.
But both theories agree..be wary of Party politics.
The left wing progressive theory is that government should protect the weak from the mighty.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive theory is that good government produces the best results.
The left wing progressive thinks..ISSUE.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive thinks..PROCESS.
When one looks @ Black Wednesday..we can see the
competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing progressives hit the streets.
The Chamber of Commerce progressives went to Court.
We all won.
City races are non partisan because both the left wing
progressives & the Chamber of Commerce progressives are wary of Party politics.
You know you're a progressive..
If Party means nothing in the 2011 City elections.
- Unemployment at lowest in 7 years (3 replies)
- Falling to the mat with the ACA - King vs Burwell (3 replies)
- Developers Plan to Change Baptist Hospital Site Plans (24 replies)
- KCS fundraising faux pas (14 replies)
- Bicycle superhighways (6 replies)
- Voucher Action (3 replies)
- Shadowy groups seek to keep virtual schools alive in Tennessee (12 replies)
- Tennessee and Kansas (3 replies)
- Betty Bean: Emerald Recruitment Ltr Angers Christenberry Faculty (29 replies)
- Free market senior services? (7 replies)
- Belated condolences to Jamie Satterfield (7 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (35 replies)