IMO, there are two competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing theory & the Chamber of Commerce theory.
But both theories agree..be wary of Party politics.
The left wing progressive theory is that government should protect the weak from the mighty.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive theory is that good government produces the best results.
The left wing progressive thinks..ISSUE.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive thinks..PROCESS.
When one looks @ Black Wednesday..we can see the
competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing progressives hit the streets.
The Chamber of Commerce progressives went to Court.
We all won.
City races are non partisan because both the left wing
progressives & the Chamber of Commerce progressives are wary of Party politics.
You know you're a progressive..
If Party means nothing in the 2011 City elections.
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (342 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (63 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)
- Knoxville and surrounding communities livability (15 replies)