IMO, there are two competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing theory & the Chamber of Commerce theory.
But both theories agree..be wary of Party politics.
The left wing progressive theory is that government should protect the weak from the mighty.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive theory is that good government produces the best results.
The left wing progressive thinks..ISSUE.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive thinks..PROCESS.
When one looks @ Black Wednesday..we can see the
competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing progressives hit the streets.
The Chamber of Commerce progressives went to Court.
We all won.
City races are non partisan because both the left wing
progressives & the Chamber of Commerce progressives are wary of Party politics.
You know you're a progressive..
If Party means nothing in the 2011 City elections.
- Pilot update (20 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)
- Knoxville City Council tackles payday lenders (12 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (9 replies)
- Groundhog Day - Spring is on its way! (1 reply)
- Boston 1964: the way it was (10 replies)