IMO, there are two competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing theory & the Chamber of Commerce theory.
But both theories agree..be wary of Party politics.
The left wing progressive theory is that government should protect the weak from the mighty.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive theory is that good government produces the best results.
The left wing progressive thinks..ISSUE.
The Chamber of Commerce progressive thinks..PROCESS.
When one looks @ Black Wednesday..we can see the
competing theories of the progressive idea.
The left wing progressives hit the streets.
The Chamber of Commerce progressives went to Court.
We all won.
City races are non partisan because both the left wing
progressives & the Chamber of Commerce progressives are wary of Party politics.
You know you're a progressive..
If Party means nothing in the 2011 City elections.
- Interesting approaches to touring a city (3 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (41 replies)
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (3 replies)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- How to Transform a Waterfront (1 reply)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Sep 8 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 18 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (5 weeks 5 days from now)