The City of Alcoa's RecycleBank program launches on Feb. 1st. Residents who sign up for the new RecycleBank program will get a larger, 95 gal. rolling container and the opportunity to accumulate recycling points redeemable at area merchants.
The cost is $3 per month. The city hopes to get at least half of eligible residents and businesses to sign up to secure the program's long-term economic feasibility. Alcoa's recycling program has kept tons of waste out of the landfill, and the City hopes the new program will give more residents incentives to recycle.
The city's existing free curbside single-stream recycling program will remain in place.
• City of Alcoa's expanded curbside recycling program a big success
• RecycleBank: Bonus points for your trash
• City of Alcoa looks to join RecycleBank program
• City of Alcoa approves RecycleBank program
- RIP Guy Carawan (2 replies)
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover (3 replies)
- TN Legislators obsessed with guns (14 replies)
- My secret Margarita Shrimp recipe (1 reply)
- Bernie is running (32 replies)
- Hard Knox Independent throws in the towel (6 replies)
- RIP Ben E. King (1 reply)
- Local alternative alternative paper filling in the Blank (26 replies)
- here's the latest entry (14 replies)
- Florida vacation pics (4 replies)
- How old does Microsoft think you are? (3 replies)
- KnoxViews reader appreciation giveaway (2 replies)