The City of Alcoa's RecycleBank program launches on Feb. 1st. Residents who sign up for the new RecycleBank program will get a larger, 95 gal. rolling container and the opportunity to accumulate recycling points redeemable at area merchants.
The cost is $3 per month. The city hopes to get at least half of eligible residents and businesses to sign up to secure the program's long-term economic feasibility. Alcoa's recycling program has kept tons of waste out of the landfill, and the City hopes the new program will give more residents incentives to recycle.
The city's existing free curbside single-stream recycling program will remain in place.
• City of Alcoa's expanded curbside recycling program a big success
• RecycleBank: Bonus points for your trash
• City of Alcoa looks to join RecycleBank program
• City of Alcoa approves RecycleBank program
- So this is how it's gonna be (4 replies)
- Paying attention v1 - defunding data collection (2 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (7 replies)
- Trump says he will help middle class working people... (1 reply)
- Knoxville Women's March (3 replies)
- Inauguration Day (14 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (80 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (5 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Jimmy Kimmel - on the street Obamacare vs ACA (3 replies)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 12 hours from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (2 days 17 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 4 days from now)