The City of Alcoa's RecycleBank program launches on Feb. 1st. Residents who sign up for the new RecycleBank program will get a larger, 95 gal. rolling container and the opportunity to accumulate recycling points redeemable at area merchants.
The cost is $3 per month. The city hopes to get at least half of eligible residents and businesses to sign up to secure the program's long-term economic feasibility. Alcoa's recycling program has kept tons of waste out of the landfill, and the City hopes the new program will give more residents incentives to recycle.
The city's existing free curbside single-stream recycling program will remain in place.
• City of Alcoa's expanded curbside recycling program a big success
• RecycleBank: Bonus points for your trash
• City of Alcoa looks to join RecycleBank program
• City of Alcoa approves RecycleBank program
- Looking like a deadlock (9 replies)
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (4 replies)
- Uber Problem (12 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (7 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 4 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 5 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)