The City of Alcoa's RecycleBank program launches on Feb. 1st. Residents who sign up for the new RecycleBank program will get a larger, 95 gal. rolling container and the opportunity to accumulate recycling points redeemable at area merchants.
The cost is $3 per month. The city hopes to get at least half of eligible residents and businesses to sign up to secure the program's long-term economic feasibility. Alcoa's recycling program has kept tons of waste out of the landfill, and the City hopes the new program will give more residents incentives to recycle.
The city's existing free curbside single-stream recycling program will remain in place.
• City of Alcoa's expanded curbside recycling program a big success
• RecycleBank: Bonus points for your trash
• City of Alcoa looks to join RecycleBank program
• City of Alcoa approves RecycleBank program
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (6 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (8 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (1 reply)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (4 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)
- Encouraging local health insurance story (1 reply)
- RIP Joan Fontaine (2 replies)
- School board votes to extend McIntyre contract (115 replies)
- Vinyl (53 replies)