The Knoxville News Sentinel is partnering with 247 Sports to launch www.GVX247.com, a new subscription-based sports site. The site launches tomorrow and will feature in-depth coverage of U.T. football and men's basketball. The cost is $9.95 per month or $107.40 per year. Here's the announcement with more info.
The site will be hosted by 247 Sports. Jack Lail at the KNS says "After having done a standalone paid site, we are acutely aware of the advantages of being part of a network of team sites, sharing common resources like a national recruiting database, for instance."
The existing KNS GoVolsExtra site will continue its UT sports coverage and will remain free.
247 Sport and KNS have hired two sports reporters to provide exclusive GVX247 coverage. According to Jack, "Those two will be the primary reporters, but there will be a lot of sharing of resources, information, photos, linking etc."
Commenting on the venture, Jack said "We've done free. We've done paid. Now, we'll try both!"
UPDATE: KNS editor responds to negative reaction...
- Pilot update (24 replies)
- Peyton Manning's last game? (11 replies)
- Alcoa pedestrian bridge grand opening (9 replies)
- BREAKING: Knox Co. Commissioner Jeff Ownby arrested for indecent exposure at Sharps Ridge (201 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)
- Knoxville City Council tackles payday lenders (12 replies)