The Knoxville News Sentinel is partnering with 247 Sports to launch www.GVX247.com, a new subscription-based sports site. The site launches tomorrow and will feature in-depth coverage of U.T. football and men's basketball. The cost is $9.95 per month or $107.40 per year. Here's the announcement with more info.
The site will be hosted by 247 Sports. Jack Lail at the KNS says "After having done a standalone paid site, we are acutely aware of the advantages of being part of a network of team sites, sharing common resources like a national recruiting database, for instance."
The existing KNS GoVolsExtra site will continue its UT sports coverage and will remain free.
247 Sport and KNS have hired two sports reporters to provide exclusive GVX247 coverage. According to Jack, "Those two will be the primary reporters, but there will be a lot of sharing of resources, information, photos, linking etc."
Commenting on the venture, Jack said "We've done free. We've done paid. Now, we'll try both!"
UPDATE: KNS editor responds to negative reaction...
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (3 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (14 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)
- FEC says Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (7 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)