The Knoxville News Sentinel is partnering with 247 Sports to launch www.GVX247.com, a new subscription-based sports site. The site launches tomorrow and will feature in-depth coverage of U.T. football and men's basketball. The cost is $9.95 per month or $107.40 per year. Here's the announcement with more info.
The site will be hosted by 247 Sports. Jack Lail at the KNS says "After having done a standalone paid site, we are acutely aware of the advantages of being part of a network of team sites, sharing common resources like a national recruiting database, for instance."
The existing KNS GoVolsExtra site will continue its UT sports coverage and will remain free.
247 Sport and KNS have hired two sports reporters to provide exclusive GVX247 coverage. According to Jack, "Those two will be the primary reporters, but there will be a lot of sharing of resources, information, photos, linking etc."
Commenting on the venture, Jack said "We've done free. We've done paid. Now, we'll try both!"
UPDATE: KNS editor responds to negative reaction...
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (57 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (9 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)