The Knoxville News Sentinel is partnering with 247 Sports to launch www.GVX247.com, a new subscription-based sports site. The site launches tomorrow and will feature in-depth coverage of U.T. football and men's basketball. The cost is $9.95 per month or $107.40 per year. Here's the announcement with more info.
The site will be hosted by 247 Sports. Jack Lail at the KNS says "After having done a standalone paid site, we are acutely aware of the advantages of being part of a network of team sites, sharing common resources like a national recruiting database, for instance."
The existing KNS GoVolsExtra site will continue its UT sports coverage and will remain free.
247 Sport and KNS have hired two sports reporters to provide exclusive GVX247 coverage. According to Jack, "Those two will be the primary reporters, but there will be a lot of sharing of resources, information, photos, linking etc."
Commenting on the venture, Jack said "We've done free. We've done paid. Now, we'll try both!"
UPDATE: KNS editor responds to negative reaction...
- Some South Knoxville businesses forced to move as rent increases (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Vacation snapshots (2 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (1 reply)
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)
- What are Democrats fighting about? (23 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)