Here's a summary of yesterday's County Commission meeting:
We voted overwhelmingly to start the process of removing Scott Moore from the Board of Zoning Appeals. The required hearing is scheduled for next month, April 20th, 9:30 a.m. or immediately after intergovernmental committee meeting. I was the author of the motion, so most likely I will make the case for removal.
The Commission ignored my motion to begin the process of removing for cause Grace/Hillcrest as our Medicare/Medicaid nursing home contractor, and instead passed a substitute motion to give the group until July to clean up its act before we reconsider the idea. The vote was close, 10 to 9.
The East County Sector Plan, complete with the controversial Midway Business Park, was delayed 30 days to give time for a commission workshop on the matter.
The Public Safety Center next to Helen Ross McNabb (for persons picked up for public intoxication) also was given 30 days for community group discussions.
Legally we couldn't do much to help the New Covenant Baptist Church and their unusual tax problems, but we passed a resolution expressing sympathy and hoping other government bodies act in understanding of the strange circumstances.
- Snakebites (4 replies)
- My secret Margarita Shrimp recipe (3 replies)
- Cirrus Aircraft locating delivery/training center at TYS (5 replies)
- Amazon deal: Kindle Paperwhite $99 (3 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (10 replies)
- TN Legislators obsessed with guns (27 replies)
- Four Dead in Ohio (2 replies)
- Obama taking on overtime pay rules (2 replies)
- Alexander, Corker refile Tennessee Wilderness Act (22 replies)
- Greenway murder (13 replies)
- Bernie is running (39 replies)
- Are they really students? (8 replies)