U.S. District Judge John Nixon issued the temporary restraining order after a federal lawsuit was filed on behalf of Rutherford County Election Administrator Hooper Penuel and seven other election administrators contending Republicans violated their constitutional rights by conspiring to treat their jobs as political patronage.
More at the TNDP...
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (4 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (2 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (146 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (4 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (11 replies)
- Need Your Opinion -- Why live in Knoxville and Where? (85 replies)
- What gives "conservatives" a bad name (15 replies)
- Downtown street musicians (6 replies)
- Santa Gov wants to give FedEx an early Christmas present (10 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday's is still doomed (17 replies)