U.S. District Judge John Nixon issued the temporary restraining order after a federal lawsuit was filed on behalf of Rutherford County Election Administrator Hooper Penuel and seven other election administrators contending Republicans violated their constitutional rights by conspiring to treat their jobs as political patronage.
More at the TNDP...
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (7 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (59 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (2 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (29 replies)
- ISIS (80 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (17 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (18 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (23 replies)
- Dangers hidden in the education debate (9 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (41 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (14 replies)