Another potential positive of the economic slowdown is that it just may have delayed the long-feared mass retirement of baby boomers from the industry. When boomers do finally retire, their knowledge of many of the antiquated IT systems running in banks will go with them.
Well, don't we (baby boomers) feel special? I'm sure many of us are not feeling the love as our retirement funds slowly dwindle away, while we continue to sit in the tiny cubicles ensuring systems for billion dollar companies continue to do the job enabling consumers to go about their daily tasks not knowing what makes that cash pop out of that machine.
Are incoming IT personnel preparing for the in-depth technical and industry knowledge necessary to build and/or maintain those boring mission-critical IT systems?
- Metro Pulse and Cas Walker (1 reply)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- See Gloria Johnson Slam Eddie Smith (12 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (180 replies)
- We loved Metro Pulse rally (7 replies)
- Send Lawyers, Guns and Money (196 replies)
- The real takeaway from the 2nd D. school board forum (15 replies)
- Uh, what? (29 replies)
- USGS updates earthquake hazard for East Tennessee (2 replies)
- News Sentinel endorses Gloria Johnson, NO on Amendment 1 (37 replies)
- Meet Eddie Smith with Lamar Alexander! (37 replies)
- Urban infrastructure gets a second life (1 reply)
- Oct 20 2014 - 11:00am (3 hours 18 min from now)
- Oct 20 2014 - 6:30pm (10 hours 48 min from now)
- Oct 23 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 10 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)