• As mentioned previously, the bill enabling a statewide charter school approval authority cleared the House Education committee yesterday.
• The school voucher bill was deferred in the House until 3/12. It is scheduled for the Senate Education Committee today, 3/6.
• The bill prohibiting local governments from requiring contractors to pay prevailing wages cleared the Local Government committee and appears headed to the floor for a vote.
• The House Criminal Justice subcommittee approved the bill prohibiting pain management clinics from dispensing narcotics. It now heads to the full Criminal Justice committee.
• The House Local Government committee approved a measure prohibiting the U.N. from observing elections in Tennessee. It appears headed for a floor vote. The Senate has not yet taken up the measure.
• A Senate bill (the first bill introduced in January) prohibiting Tennessee from participating in Medicaid/TennCare expansion has been assigned to the Senate Commerce and Labor subcommittee. A similar House bill was taken off notice last week, and its companion bill was previously assigned to the full Senate Commerce and Labor committee.
• Wine in grocery stores was deferred by the Senate Finance committee until 3/11. The House Local Government subcommittee is scheduled to hear it today.
• The bill making motorcycle helmets optional is scheduled for the House Transportation subcommittee today.
• Guns in trunks was sent to the Governor for his signature yesterday.
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (2 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)