The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission today announced a voluntary recall of Mr. Coffee Single Cup Brewing Systems imported by Sunbeam Products Inc. dba Jarden Consumer Solutions (JCS). There were 520,000 units sold in the U.S.
According to the CPSC, a build-up of steam in the water reservoir can force the brewing chamber open and expel hot coffee grounds and water, posing a burn hazard. There are 164 reports of the brewing chamber opening due to steam pressure, including approximately 59 reports in the U.S. and two in Canada of burn injuries to consumers' face, upper torso and hands.
The units were sold by Bed Bath & Beyond, Brandsmart, JC Penney, Kmart, Lowe's, Target and Walmart, and online at www.mrcoffee.com from September 2010 through August 2012 for between $60 and $80.
The CPSC says consumers should immediately stop using the recalled coffee brewer and contact JCS to receive instructions on how to obtain a free replacement unit. For additional information, contact JCS at (800) 993-8609, or visit the firm's website at www.mrcoffeerecall.com.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (6 replies)
- Trump budget (13 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (3 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (51 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (112 replies)
- Rep. Diane Black fishing around for info on Medicaid block grants (3 replies)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (1 day 10 hours from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (5 days 19 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (6 days 13 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (5 weeks 19 hours from now)