The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission today announced a voluntary recall of Mr. Coffee Single Cup Brewing Systems imported by Sunbeam Products Inc. dba Jarden Consumer Solutions (JCS). There were 520,000 units sold in the U.S.
According to the CPSC, a build-up of steam in the water reservoir can force the brewing chamber open and expel hot coffee grounds and water, posing a burn hazard. There are 164 reports of the brewing chamber opening due to steam pressure, including approximately 59 reports in the U.S. and two in Canada of burn injuries to consumers' face, upper torso and hands.
The units were sold by Bed Bath & Beyond, Brandsmart, JC Penney, Kmart, Lowe's, Target and Walmart, and online at www.mrcoffee.com from September 2010 through August 2012 for between $60 and $80.
The CPSC says consumers should immediately stop using the recalled coffee brewer and contact JCS to receive instructions on how to obtain a free replacement unit. For additional information, contact JCS at (800) 993-8609, or visit the firm's website at www.mrcoffeerecall.com.
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (33 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- How state policies affect the success or failure of Obamacare (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (8 replies)
- Great opening lyrics (167 replies)
- City responds to Beacon Center dumbass (8 replies)
- They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill (2 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 24 min from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (2 days 6 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 6 hours from now)