Knoxville News Sentinel editor Jack McElroy announced in today's paper that the News Sentinel will activate their paywall tomorrow morning (Monday, Aug. 26).
Web, mobile and app access will be free for print subscribers. McElroy doesn't say in the article how much a digital only subscription will cost. (It's $14/month at the Commercial Appeal.) We've asked if blogs will also be behind the paywall.
Some content will still be free, such as wire stories, traffic, weather and classifieds. Breaking local news will be free for a few hours after it's posted. Only subscribers will be able to comment, and McElroy says subscribers will be "glad to see the trolls turned away."
UPDATE: Jack McElroy said via email that KNS blogs such as Josh Flory and Tom Humphrey will NOT be behind the paywall "at this point."
UPDATE: Jack McElroy says in comments at the KNS article that the online/digital-only subscription will be $12/month.
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (1 reply)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (8 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (3 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (12 hours 14 min from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (4 days 21 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (5 days 15 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (4 weeks 6 days from now)