TN business incentive tally: $2.5B per year (double national average): In exchange for taxpayer support, businesses are expected to generate jobs and spur economic growth.
See also: RoaneViews...
I would add that the $2.5 billion in indirect corporate welfare could be spent directly on infrastructure and school improvements and create 30,000 jobs in the process.
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)